🌭 Hot dogs 🌭

Really nice imo. As with burgers, no need to be desperate for social media likes and load it up with pulled pork or chilli or whatever, just need a fakey cheese slice, mustard and ketchup in squiggly lines and some onions. Another instance too where brioche can go to hell, needs to be a cheap white roll with too much flour on top. Those M&S etc ‘posh dogs’ are nice enough, but the ones that come in a packet or a jar are also fine. Are there any good non-meat ones out there? Hopefully someone can tell us!

2 Likes

no man GIF

13 Likes

And yes, there is that song about hot dogs and jumping frogs, no need to mention it again.

3 Likes

I’ll never stop.

Fried onions are an absolute necessity

10 Likes

the thing is with hot dogs, they’re amazing. top drawer. but

1. one as a meal is not enough. hence why i never order them. you need >2 for it to match a burger for filling-adequacy.
  2. veggie dogs are not as successful as veggie burgers
1 Like

I’ve said this before, but hot dogs are the best surprise meal. Once or twice a year I remember they exist and it’s sensational.

One of those foods that silly people are snobby about, though, eh. Yes, I know it’s processed meat, cheers, who cares?

Sometimes if I’m really hungover I just drain the brine and pour hot water directly into the tin. Great stuff.

3 Likes

Best fast food chain in the land imo

4 Likes

Someone’s not had taifun tofu dogs.

2 Likes

Ketchup and mustard only pls

1 Like

right is there somewhere local that’ll do them? if i can find a good hot dog i won’t have to worry about letting the kids eat them in the house :smiley:

Taifun tofu dogs.

Fry’s frozen ones.

3 Likes

Only get one on it’s own as a snack and if they’re on a menu then you’re gonna need to order a lot of sides, but that’s fun sometimes.

I think Waitrose sometimes do them, and locavore.

Theyre about £4 for 4 though (although are quite big), so probably wouldnt be eating them if i had kids.

1 Like

The pinnacle of human culinary achievement

8 Likes

the kids’ll eat the aldi meat frankfurters at 10 for £1.65 and be happy with it, the ungrateful swines (i love my kids)

2 Likes

On a boozy weekend in Bath about 10 years ago and had a fucking amazing hot dog from a stall when I was nicely pissed up. Perfect sausage, English mustard everywhere, onions, fuck it was so good.

Sometimes get close to that Holy Grail but never quite found it again.

Feel a bit sad thinking it about it now. Thanks Funky.

Herta chicken Frankfurters, cheapest hot dog rolls you can find, ketchup, mustard.

All you need

2 Likes

Never had you down as a cross-condiment man Tone.

I’m a happy-condiment man

3 Likes