Hot drinks with hot food/meals

My Mum used to have a cup of tea with a roast dinner. Weird behaviour.

Also, people who have a big meal and have an after-dinner latte. Weird behaviour.

Hot coffee in a tin mug while you eat beans straight out the pot around the campfire when the wagon train has been circled for the evening – acceptable.

15 Likes

Sake with Tempura

2 Likes

it’s all just made up bullshit, you can eat anything with anything else it doesn’t matter

10 Likes

pint of bovril to wash down your lasagna - probably unacceptable

3 Likes

Don’t care.

I always drink herbal teas with dinner. Coffee with breakfast too.

You have just torn my heart into a million pieces. I’m not sure I’ll ever quite recover.

1 Like

I mean everybody knows people have different tastes and enjoy different things so the concept that certain stuff only goes with certain other stuff is just objectively not true because that’s not how humans work

2 Likes
2 Likes

SAME :broken_heart:

1 Like

kind of dig the commitment to the full Italian experience, even if it is fundamentally incorrect.

Would you have herbal tea with dinner out at a restaurant?

1 Like

americans always drink coffee with their main meals, don’t they? its definitely a trope in movies when someone walks into a diner or something.

1 Like

Goes to show that they simply cannot be trusted.

Green tea in a Chinese restaurant.

5 Likes

Black coffee and Turkish food hellooooooo

5 Likes

McDonalds/Burger King etc should do away with hot drinks. Same as pubs. Proper pain to be served behind someone ordering those there

4 Likes

100%. What about Mcdonalds and that only serving milkshakes as a dessert option and not with a meal?

1 Like

mulled wine paired with an overpriced sausage, stood outside what used to be Debenhams in drizzly rain

12 Likes