House/Flatshares (poll thread)

Look just vote in the poll ffs

I have, but I might need to change it

latter = yay

former = nay

Have you considered a large summer house in the garden?

I’ve got a large aviary going spare if you want it. You just need to come round and dig it out and it’s yours. Stick some wallpaper over the chickenwire, job’s a good 'un.

I reckon the racing pigeons are going to keep coming back anyway. It’s not like they have a reset button. It’s their home.

They’ve tried to charge me £300 for some shitty wardrobes they can’t be arsed removing. I’m honestly a bit surprised they’ve not suggested adding a pony for the pigeons.

2 Likes

yeah ive had both in the same house at the same time, a couple of lovely lovely people who id always go and chat with and loved spending time with at the same time as some complete fucking weapons id avoid as much as possible

has anyone tried white noise or brown noise or something along those lines? noisy housemate stressing me out a bit. started making random animal noises at 00.30 last night. earplugs are good but i don’t like wearing them every night

White noise is awesome, sometimes if the dog and the kid are being too loud I go and stand in the kitchen and blast it in my headphones for a bit - all gone!

1 Like

You’ve got to fight fire with fire sometimes. I had a flatmate once who was, without any doubt whatsoever, a monumental cunt. He’d keep me awake virtually every night, then snored like fuck, so awake or asleep it was lose/lose. In the end i kept myself entertained by ringing his mobile withheld number, or bouncing a basketball off the adjoining wall, and eventually i just bought an airhorn.

21 Likes

Can’t tell if this is genuine but the air horn has done me.

3 Likes

I always had some chopsticks in my bag for this reason

2 Likes

i’m testing this out now, it’s really masking noise a lot more than i thought it would. i guess it refocuses your ears or something.

1 Like

What about the plate?

Was talking to my landlord (Tory) recently. Apparently he leased our house to a bunch of students once and they all fell out as per usual. They then all bought hot plates and kettles for their rooms and fucked the plastering in the whole house with oil and steam. Good stuff

3 Likes

housemate spent seemingly the entire day screaming on the phone. half-thinking of booking into a hostel for a couple of days for the sake of keeping a lid on my anxiety

was actually shaking and stuff, had to go to a cafe for a couple of hours and try to do some study but was too frazzled to concentrate. i guess some of this is more me than him but ffs

https://twitter.com/rxdazn/status/1065943585936326656

7 Likes

What’s his username?