Household tips

don’t be mean.

I bought one but my bf never used it and it eventually ‘disappeared’ (this was when i was only here at weekends). Obviously he has never cleaned the glass, literally not once in the 7 years he’s lived here. But this is a household tips thread not a relationship issues thread…

6 Likes

I do this to all my boxes

Not sure it has any value as you know, its hardly making things airtight, but it appeals to the side of me that likes neat things

2 Likes

5 Likes

A pinch of lavender airily sprinkled thrice daily will bring fortune and blessings for all.

2 Likes

Don’t have loads of plastic waste and harsh chemicals, just use castille soap instead, lasts for ages. I used to use it for everything but didn’t like it as washing up liquid so much or laundry soap so mainly just use it as surface spray now. But it saves so so much waste and isn’t toxic.

Isn’t that less neat than just closing the top normally?

1 Like

You must be a very neat box opener. Can’t remember a time I’ve managed to close a box again the normal way and it actually stayed shut.

how do you open it again without ripping it to fuck

what does this mean

1 Like

The top flap just slides out, it’s very satisfying

hand, sponge, cleaning product, get below the water line, scrub, like @avocado says

toilet brushes are rancid

Don’t call Japes a scrub, he was only asking

3 Likes

This tip is not confined to households, but I do this with crisp packets

I started doing it after becoming irked when friends would put crisp packets in the ashtrays in pubs, rendering them unusable for ash.

1 Like

Empty crisp packet

• Tie it in a knot
  • Little triangle
  • What?

0 voters

I don’t think i’ve ever managed to successfully close a cereal box in the orthodox manner and have long since given up trying. I just decant the cereal into a tupperware thingy and chuck the box. For extra sealed-in freshness, keep the cereal in the bag and seal that with a clip. #twolayersofprotection

I like to Shake n’ Vac for fresher smelling carpets. Hardly a top tip though

1 Like

I often use them as tiny wee bin bags if it’s a low refuse day

1 Like

dunno like, a jobby sponge sounds pretty minging to me

1 Like