Household trends you're noticing...

also got to say, these two things are tickling me way too much for a monday morning, save a bit of material for the rest of the week shiggs!

1 Like

Velvet accent chairs and art deco bar trolleys (i am well into it tbf)

1 Like

All regional mums now aspire to this aesthetic

7 Likes

I haven’t been in anyone’s house but mine for four months so can only assume that I am bang on trend.

5 Likes

My mum’s got this sort of look, although not as bling, in our front room :smiley:

I think grey can be really nice if done well and accented with a bit of colour. The grey crushed velvet look is just way too far though, and it’s definitely a specific type of person who goes for it isn’t it

Partner’s work asked if people would share pictures of their wfh setup and since she’s working from the table in our living room, she showed that. Got a barrage of “gosh it’s so tidy, it’s like an Ideal Homes photo!” so I can only assume there’s a recent household trend of (childless) adults who just leave their shit strewn everywhere.

Our living room is grey. And bedroom, as we had so much of it left over. The new magnolia isn’t it? I’m bored of it but can’t be bothered to change it now. Does go with everything though.

1 Like

Someone I know has a picture on their wall that says “Excuse the mess, my children are making MEMORIES!”

8 Likes

Our settee is grey wouldn’t want anything else in the room to be grey though and as we keep being told by carpet fitters and various workmen “good wuality carpet this” the green carpet is staying for a while.

if i had green carpet I’d imagine I was a footballer walking out onto the pitch for the FA cup final every time I entered the room

10 Likes

Would you drop down, touch it and make a little cross and then kiss your finger?

1 Like

yeah and pluck a single strand of carpet for good luck

1 Like

Beautiful approach

Thank fuck you said it.

3 Likes

Cool refreshing sky blue

Also rag rolling

Wonder what we’ll look back at on from this period.

Feature walls?
Clean lines?

I haven’t read it but I think at some point it probably will end.

Remember futurism at the turn of the century when everyone was buying furniture that looked like white bubbles