How close have you been to The Queen?

(please, let’s keep this clean)

• I’ve shaken hands with the Queen
  • I’ve met The Queen but there was no physical contact
  • The Queen has walked past me (e.g. she visited my school and I was stood with the well-wishers)
  • I’ve been in the same room as The Queen
  • I’ve seen The Queen from a distance
  • I’ve never seen The Queen in person
  • I’m presuming that The Queen doesn’t do hugs
  • Other - please specify

0 voters

I highly doubt anyone on DiS was alive during the reign of our most recent Queen

5 Likes

Creakyknees?

We’re all in the presence of several queens everyday, just by being in this community with all the splendid ladies of DiS :grinning: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

alright undercover secret service agent

she did come to my work once, but I was out for the day.

Have met and spoken to her everliving husband though

My dad has met the queen a few times.

Went to the silver(?) jubilee parade on the Mall in 2001/2 when I was too young and didn’t know any better. Saw her from about 20/50 metres away.

The Queen came to my town and my ex went along to see her but I stayed at home because it seemed like a bad use of time and I’d just got a PS4

13 Likes

5 Likes

Never seen her in her human form

1 Like

She drove slowly past my work once, one of the lads in here ran towards the car taking photos excitedly, he had a very long beard. I expected a sniper to take him out tbh.

Saw a photo of her once

I was on a bus that went past her and Philip in their motor at the junction of City Road and St John’s Street about 8 years ago. I was popping into the Natwest in Angel on my lunchbreak to sort out an overdraft for my current account thanks for asking.

she’s driven past me before but i never actually saw her. and she came to open a new bit of my uni but we got told not to come in that day, heaven forbid they let her see actual students at a university.

so no, never seen her.

Same bed

1 Like

That would have been Golden Jubilee (50 years)

2 Likes

Her motorcade passed by my office a couple of years ago when she was on her way to name a ship.

Her helicopter to Southampton dropped her off at Goals, the five a side football pitch in an industrial estate in Milbrook.

Couldn’t she use an online survey like the rest of us?

4 Likes