How come you never meet up with someone for a tea?

Exactly. This forum, honestly. Sometimes it saps the life out of me.

Absolute shower of penises

6 Likes

SHOVE YER TEAROOM UP YER PUSS

1 Like

Oh! I did get asked on a tea date last year

I can’t believe you’ve said this

1 Like

tea bae

3 Likes

Yes they do!!!

Tea bae

Tebay

:exploding_head:

1 Like

Hey kermit, would you like to meet up for a tea?

3 Likes

I’d like a tea or a coffee today I think

1 Like

Aww but I like chatting to all the nanas :relaxed:

To answer your question kermo I think it’s because coffee shops felt cool and exotic and Italian or whatever, and then the massive chains just swallowed the entire UK high street so it feels natural to say “let’s meet for a coffee” even though roughly about 50% will have a tea.

I meet people for tea

2 Likes

It’s very nice when you see those little boxes of the different genres of teabag when you’re in a hotel room or a hotel breakfast or whatever, you always think “Oh, this is a nice thing to see isn’t it!” when you look at them regardless of whether or not you engage with the tea itself.

1 Like

im trying but no one likes me

It sounds a little bit like Tebay

This is really nice, epimer. Made me a bit teary. I’d like nothing more than to meet you for a tea (without cows milk so it doesn’t upset your tumtum)

1 Like

Sorry, I’m busy

Meeting me for tea is known as the tea bae service

1 Like

*Tea-ry

Very cruel.

Coffee shops have such thinly veiled hatred of tea too.

“Oh, you’d like a tea? Sure, I’ll put this warm water into a paper cup and then put a teabag in it, hidden from sight under a plastic lid. What, you want milk? Sure, let me put more milk into your cup than any human person would ever think is sensible, and long before the cup has brewed. Hope you enjoy your plastic flavoured tea that’s too hot to ever drink!”.

16 Likes