How did you come to be here

Not, like, alive or anything, I mean here on DiS, inspired by this

I think reading reviews of the first Los Campesinos record lead me here, lurked for a bit, posted occasionally as foldyourhandschild and moonface for about 8 or 9 years then came back in this form in Jan '18. What’s your story?

My favourite forum was dying and I needed to jump ship. That’s how I ended up here.

6 Likes

I was lured in by the beards and sparkling eyes of the selfie threads.

3 Likes

I was summoned by @Gnometorious and @avery one spring evening after a Robyn gig.

6 Likes

Ah I remember moonface! Didn’t know it was you.

3 Likes

I briefly wanted to be a music journalist (lol), went to a Sean Adams talk in Shoreditch about the future of music journalism in 2012 and was too afraid to talk to anyone, then lurked for a year and joined to tell people to watch me on Countdown.

20 Likes

Ha! I didn’t think anyone would!

Same, via @ChorizoPasta who was on both forums

1 Like

Sat next to someone in the office who was reading a Will Oldham article around 2004/5. Was right in the clutches of my WO obsession so it lured me in. I lurked for a year or so.

3 Likes

I wanted to know the meaning of the lyrics to Sunflower by Low. Never did find out. That was in 2006.

4 Likes

Googled something to do with Hendon FC, a Football thread popped up. Never looked back.

1 Like

Did you or your brother join first?

An advert in the express

4 Likes

I wonder did any or the Irish DiSers ever post on the Electric Picnic forum? I didn’t have a prof to guide me here alas.

1 Like

Why do you think the football threads were talking about Hendon?

4 Likes

My brother used to post on here and it looked ok

Lurked the old forums like some kind of weird stalker, when they closed down I decided that was daft (I mainly lurked because I didn’t think I had anything interesting to say, which has been proven true) and came here in my original guise, then took a break for MH reasons and came back.

2 Likes

Was @he_2 okay with you finding him on the internet? I’d be rather surprised if one of my siblings found me.

(Funkhouser skulks off to create a CCBs_Brother account)

3 Likes

Was hoping Neil Blagden was your brother tbh, save me the trouble.

2 Likes