How did you find this delightful online community?

Can’t remember myself, it was 2005 or something. Probably just through an album review on the main site or that. Great anecdote to kick us off, who’s next?

1 Like

Same

8 Likes

Someone told me about it

I found it insufferable

22 Likes

I asked my friend what sites she read for reviews etc and DiS was one of her recommendations

It was in my other pocket all along!

4 Likes

It was in the last place I looked!

3 Likes

Fucking hate the lot of you

11 Likes

Used to write for DiS. Probably that way. Around 2012.

In 2008, was looking for new music recommendations, i remember being very earnest and cheerful in my posts and got made fun of, so started typing in a dead manner, no !s in sight and then people left me alone :weary:

12 Likes

This place was sassy as fuck when I first joined

4 Likes

The NME boards were dying so I finally jumped ship to its bitter rival

1 Like

Just a real slick move over from Travis chat (rip) to here. Barely even looked back.

2 Likes

Sorry

Think it was this as well, around early 2015

4 Likes

Think it Iwas through another indie forum I was on (Dancing Jesus RIP) and there was some crossover in content and posters. Used to browse here when I’d read everything on there, then just made the move over properly and started posting once it died fully.

3 Likes

Ah the joys of Dancing Jesus, the source of all my downloaded music back in the day.

3 Likes

I used to be on there too!

2 Likes

Can’t really remember but it was about ten years ago. I’ve only just started posting, it seems a much nicer place than when I used to lurk on the old board.

1 Like

was bored at work.

Think I found this other forum called Crawdaddy first but that’s a ridiculous name so I came here instead.