How do you be smiley?

I just try not to get married too often.

8 Likes

One good thing about not being smiley! Less wrinkles! I have 0 crows feet. Got proper forehead wrinkles though from scowling … fringes hide a thousand… wrinkles.

Dunno but on my wedding day my face hurt from grinning so much throughout the day. The photos you’ve got to pose for though… don’t get me started.

1 Like

Yeah, those. Do start! I love the ones that end up looking like band photos.

I smile so much I’m afraid I’ll look like a dockers wallet in about three years

1 Like

So ruddy bloody glum.

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/post-the-best-picture-of-you/14365/321?u=jeremys_iron

3 Likes

They’re dreadful. It’s not just having to pose for them and be all lovey and that - it’s the fact that you know your mates are already at the reception getting stuck right in and you’re farting about outside trying to play with your wife’s hair/kiss your wife’s nose at the right angle. Over and over.

What an amazing pic :smiley:

1 Like

I love this photo.

It was the wallpaper on our laptop for ages before I was like ‘this looks a bit odd’.

1 Like

Uuggghhhh, how can you take that seriously?!? If I was asked to lovingly stare into my boyfriends eyes for a photo I’d just burst out laughing… at least that would get me to smile naturally I guess :smiley:

Don’t try and reclaim this :smiley:

I used to hate my smile too so I would practice for ages. Mainly cause I hated having big fat lips so I’d make them super thin when I smiled and now I look INSANE in pictures from the age of about 12 - 15.

Also I taught myself to do this.

2 Likes

Almost every aspect of having a wedding sounds very bad IMO. This bullshit, having to do a dance while everyone stares at you, doing a speech, spending the rest of your life with the person of your dreams. Awful.

3 Likes

You don’t. You just roll with it.

In our case both of us had the same levels of hated towards it so don’t know why we bothered to be honest. Think it was cause the photographer was a nice lad (and fucking cheap too) so we didn’t want to rock the boat.

1 Like

Haha!! Amazing! During the uni years I’d do a default stupid face or stupid pouty face. So many emo shots… I can’t wait to get these braces off, seriously. It’ll be so nice to smile and not be self conscious about them. Whenever someone takes a photo of me I’m going to grin like a mad woman, it’ll be terrifying. Only 10 months to go…

in the last few years ive stopped showing my teeth when i smile as i realised i look daft as a brush and now i look cool and sexy all the time, its pretty great

1 Like

It will fly by honestly! Then you’ve got that winning grin for the rest of your life!

1 Like

Argh, I hope so, I’m a bit worried they’ll still look a bit mad because they were all overlapping before and I’m concerned there might be gaps in certain places because of that. Gah… I just need to trust the orthodontist, I love to over think and worry about pointless things, it’s exhausting. I am happier already though, it’s very exciting watching them move so drastically so quickly. I did pick the year that I was invited to 4 weddings to get them though! Bah! Haha. Oh well.

you’re giving it too much chin and not enough cheek there tbf

5 Likes