How do you cook your sausages?

Not for me I don’t have one.

Although the proper onion gravy way (brown sausages in pan, then remove and slowly cook onions etc, then put the sausages in the gravy to finish cooking in the oven) is very good too

No neither did I a couple of weeks ago

2 Likes

Do you have chips every day now too?

Not eveeery day :melting_face:

My sons coming for dinner tonight, think I’m going to try roasting some potatoes in there

Buzzing to get an air fryer

4 Likes

Frying pan, blackened so the smoke alarm goes off. Job done.

Other ways are acceptable just not as good, clearly

1 Like

My vegetarian TV complained that I made too much mess doing sausages in the pan, and wondered if I could roast them in the oven instead. So I tried that, ready to lol at the results, proving that pan splatter was necessary etc

And they were actually better that way dammit! Crisp on the outside as the excess fat drains off, cooked all the way through, h8 it when veggie gf is right about meat

2 Likes

I feel like we need a DiS Appliance Audit thread to include air fryers and dehumidifiers

4 Likes

And Wilfa Svart coffee grinders

1 Like

Oven, foil, done.

Always slightly overcooked.

Exception to this is for sausage casserole where they go in the frying pan with onions and garlic etc…

1 Like

One of these - although I paid a lot less for mine (£169, guess it was a Black Friday deal)

Very easy to clean, they say dishwasher proof but I just give the drawers a quick wash in the sink

1 Like

Co-op Truly Irresistible Pork & Apple, foil, tray, fan oven (top shelf) @ 200C, 40 minutes (turn halfway through). Good char on the skin, perfect inside.

Great thing to put on your Christmas list imo

1 Like

I want this written on my grave

oven if anything else is being oven cooked otherwise pan

Frying is best, imo. Oven cooking takes too long and they never taste as nice.

Not tried an air fryer, mind.

Polyester pants and a quick jog.

1 Like

if you want to know my answer to a cooking question, the answer is always “the easiest and laziest method that still gets good results for the thing”

thus I have a lengthy method for roast potatoes, because sure I could just do mash but lol like fuck am I doing mash

I refuse to believe that in a blind test I could tell the difference between a sausage sandwich when they were grilled/fried/oven.

1 Like

Ok I’ll be the weirdo here. I poach them in water and then fry in oil.

I’ve only recently started the poaching and I don’t really know why. Think I heard it was a good idea somewhere. It seems to work ok