How do you feel about... rectangular pizzas?

How long ago? Tesco used to do some spectacular rectangular pizzas maybe 10-15 years ago.

What about tradition? (maybe)?

Turkish pizzas, pides, are rectangular.

And the sky is grey

22 Likes

When I was still living at home, so ~15 years would be about right.

God I’m old.

Aren’t pides more of a boat shape?

They can be whatever shape they like too.

The only people who have a problem with a rectangular pizza are the people that would own something like this:

True.

I own two round pizza trays but I also own various rectangular ones like everyone else probably does.

PIZZAS DON’T NEED TO BE ON A TRAY, JUST WHACK EM ON THE OVEN SHELVES FFS SAKE

7 Likes

I’m just going to come out and say you don’t need a baking tray for shop bought pizza. I see you’ve already highlighted this but I felt like it needed to be said again.

When I do home made pizza, I do it rectangular on a tray then take it off the tray for the last 5 mins to crisp up dat base.

rectangular is the true shape of a pizza. circular was introduced by french colonists in new york in the 1700s. weirdly there’s a connection between the shape of pizza and the american and french revolutions. the idea was the circling of the formerly square pizza (and an italian foodstuff at that) represented a decisive break with history and an embrace of new cultures and ideas.

Would you though?
I don’t think you would.
You’d be like it’s like a big flat bit of bread but with tomato sauce and cheese on and other toppings. I probably wouldn’t even mention the shape.

I know, but I still like you use one thanks! That goes for you too @anon5266188.

i do not feel good about them

1 Like

Enjoy your soggy pizza at Reading.

4 Likes

pizza is one half of a giant toasted sandwich.

I have never had a soggy pizza as a result of using a tray.

usually correct, but under no circumstances should you fail to use a baking tray when cooking a Lidl Takeaway pizza. They’re not precooked or something.

Yeah, that’s the archetype - if you had to draw one in a game of Pictionary, that’s what you’d draw. But it doesn’t mean other shapes are less pizza-y.

Like, if someone says, ‘describe a bird’, you might say, ‘it flies’, which excludes birds like penguins and ostriches - not archetypal but top birds nonetheless.

Rectangular pizzas are like penguins in this respect.

5 Likes

i like asda own-brand stuffed crust.

chicago town are alright but they can end up oil sodden if cooked incorrectly.

Can I ask why you like to use a tray?

1 Like

oooh, not had a stuffee pizza in years. used to swear by Mozza’s. Might treat myself, see if they’re still in the game.