How do you hand in your notice?

Yeah, the classic slapping of a physical letter in front of the boss is the best.

Wow you guys really havenā€™t liked any of your managers huh.

2 Likes

I daydream about doing this.

ā€¦and a garden full of trees.

6 Likes

Or, if you are a mod, just delete your entire posting history like wishpig.

I plan on ghosting out of this place. Iā€™ll be starting the new job on a Monday so Iā€™ll be sending my leaving email to HR at 17:29 on the Friday before that.

10 Likes

It kind of works both ways. If I like them, I like to think telling them in person is more respectful than an email. If I hate them, then itā€™s more of a rubbing in exercise (matron!)

Iā€™ve left a job before over a lunch break, letting them know in a post it note on my desk wishing them the best for the summer.

Used to be quite the edgy bastard in my younger days let me tell you.

3 Likes

FTFY

11 Likes

So sharp you could cut yourself.

I just never went back to a job a few years ago. They fucked me off one too many times and after a brilliant weekend out with my mates I never went back. Got a full monthā€™s wages and then they accidentally paid me for another month. Got a lump sum from the Social Welfare too. Was rolling in it for months, booked flights, accommodation and got a ticket for Primavera Porto three days before it started. Best decision I ever made.

2 Likes

Just got fined Ā£50 for dropping my cigarette butt on the floor. Might have to delay this by a day.

Lose 4-1 at home to liverpool

*2-1 to Iceland

very nice.

they werenā€™t even bad to me tbh. was very easy, mindless clerical work. iā€™d just earned enough by that point to fund a summer of smoking grass on the beach.

Yeah, you can get sick of all that pointless admin. Smoking doob on a beach is the fucking way to go.

I was working in a call centre that did outsourcing jobs for government contracts. I was on a tax hotline for a while and then I ended up working on this utter shit of a contract, the most hated toll road in all of Ireland.

https://www.eflow.ie/

The fucking abuse I had to put up with. Absolutely awful. I remember drinking my Christmas wine at work because I was stuck in there the night before Christmas Eve, putting up with calls from people distraught about huge bills.

1 Like

jesus, that sounds grim :frowning:

compared to mine, especially. Mine was at the exam board AQA (big shout @ttf). Was a very pleasant job in hindsight.

It was terrible. The previous contract was worse actually but I was only in there for three months. It was the job that led me to properly start posting on DiS actually!

Oh, that doesnā€™t sound so bad! Mindless clerical work FTW!

type a letter

dear xxx,

iā€™m off

signed,
xxx

then if you like the boss give it to them privately, if not just leave it on their desk.

the days between you handing in your notice and leaving are always the best.

earlier this year i resigned by txtā€¦ it worked out well

(also the adrenaline rush after pressing send was absolutely superb)