• Google photos
  • Icloud
  • Other cloud service
  • Backed up to home computer
  • Backed up to external hd
  • Backed up to NAS
  • Other

0 voters

I’m worried what big data handlers like Google and Apple can do/analyse with my stuff

• Yes
  • No
  • Some worries but not that bothered
  • I have removed my photos from these services

0 voters

I let lightroom deal with it

1 Like

Other: scattered across multiple old phones and hard drives, no real system for them, they never get looked at. Part of me feels like I should sort them all one day, another bigger part of me doesn’t really care.

1 Like
2 Likes

Google Photos, I think it’s an incredible bit of kit. Do need to go through and delete all of the duplicates and shite ones, but who could be arsed?

1 Like

my favourite thing about it is when it picks up on faces as if they’re real people/people you know

image image

1 Like

I’m more amazed that it knows pretty much all photos of my daughter are the same person even though her face from the early years of her life is so different

1 Like

That’s what scares me. I’m pretty paranoid about how much google already knows about my kids but I can’t find an alternative that’s as easy or as cheap and I suppose that’s why I continue to use these services. Would love to ditch them but I am also as terrified that another service closes or my hd fails.

Yep. Complicated further by switching from apple to android a few years ago. I’ll get nostalgic at some point and its going to be a massive ball ache.