How do you slice your tomatoes?

It matters not, you have already done it in your mind

1 Like

very close to my style tbh, but I don’t do the horizontal cut.

1 Like

That’s essentially a whole slice being thrown away unnecessarily. If you’re going to do B you should at least use that bit and just pull out the stem

2 Likes

How are those chunks of tomato working out in your cheese and tomato sandwich?

This is how I B

nicer tbh. get a nice fleshy piece of tomato rather than minimal flesh but loads of soggy juice.

1 Like

not on cheese book so somewhat non existently, I usually just pop the 8ths on top of whatever I’m cooking though

why are these labelled ‘a’ and ‘b’ when they have the perfectly good names ‘polar’ and ‘equatorial’

?

3 Likes

I prefer to cut my tomatoes according to the placement of the sun at the various equinoxes on the day they were picked

1 Like

I was going to go with longitudinal and latitudinal but I can never remember which is which

1 Like

IN THE MORNING
WHEN THE SUN SHINES
ON YOUR TOMATO

1 Like

tricky precession/polar wander/co-ordinate calculation there

admirable but utterly pointless

1 Like

You get odd-shaped chunks though which is fun

2 Likes

Leaving the vine attached to the tomato is a marketing gimmick and does not have any impact on the flavour of the tomato. However, the on-the-vine tomatoes you find on supermarket shelves are often a different variety to the bog standard cheap loose ones.

The combination of improved flavour and a more natural look mean that consumers are prepared to pay a premium for on-the-vine tomatoes, even if production costs are more or less the same.

Oh!

1 Like

Makes a difference to the aroma as well

1 Like

tomatoes are risotto

2 Likes

Thank you! Updating the spreadsheet x

1 Like

Gonna de-seed some toms now with one ‘A’ slice and a soup spoon.