How do you store your Record collection?

Thanks LA, so do I! I might email them first to see if they have any idea of waiting times. The market is surprisingly small, so may well give them a go.

I have 1 set of IKEA ones, and CDs in IKEA Billy ones

When I needed more vinyl space I decided that was enough IKEA and got some ones made of wood from Etsy. Lots of people doing that sort of stuff on there. More expensive - but y’know

repurposing this thread:
the JVC JL-A15 that i bought sounds like utter shite on my amp, but sounded fine when i bought it. The fella i bought it from was using a vintage amp as well, which I am not. Could this be an issue?

What type of amp are you using ? Does it have a phono input, or do you just plug it into the aux ?

If your amp does not have an inbuilt phono stage then you may need a pre-amp for it to sound any good. If you’re plugging your turntable into a ‘phono’ input then it should have one, however if you’re just using an aux input into your amp it likely doesn’t and may well sound shite.

It’s all up here (I’m pointing to my head).

although it’s also worth noting that some amps (I’m looking a you cambridge audio) have inputs/ channels labelled “Phono” that do not actually have a phono stage. That led to a rapid trip to Richer Sounds

I am all in favour of making this a general vinyl/stereo thread.

This might be useful as well. Recently I discovered boxes from ‘Really Useful Boxes’ the 19XL are perfect for 12 inches, and they do a 7 inch too. Not cheap, but they have benefits over others I have tried. Picture shows this. The blue and white old fashioned ones on the shelf are handy, but can’t be stacked. The white cardboard one is cheap, but big…and if you fill it you can’t carry it easily.

So the product I mean is on the right. Sturdy, and best of all stackable. So you can ram quite a few 7s, 12s etc. into a small space. This is less for using day to day at home, and more chucking out of sight.