How ... err... articulate are you?

Sometimes a broad vocabulary just means you’ve been lucky enough to read a bunch of books and have a memory that holds words well. I wouldn’t take against it from the perspective of ideology.

2 Likes

described something as being ‘contradictory’ once and my family went OOOOOOOOH COLLEGE BOY

18 Likes

Terrible. I usually start questioning what I’m saying about two words into the first sentence, then panic, then make a tit of myself. Which is great, because my job has recently morphed from an antisocial techie thing into a comms role. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Some daft people definitely get chippy if you use a word they deem to be too intellectual, like hat.

1 Like

Depends on the context really if it’s something I know a fair bit about, I’m alright but if it’s something I’ve only just started to learn about or know little about I’ll be a bit more hesitant.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Absolutely awful at it. Sometimes have to write notes to plan emails etc. I’m slightly envious of how articulate a lot of you are on here in discussing important issues

This is why I always refer to my headwear as either me titfer or mon chapeau, then they know I’m a prick straight off

1 Like

Not the way my family does it tbh

I’m not making any assumptions about your family, sorry if it came across that way. Just saying, why not just enjoy your facility with words without the guilt?

1 Like

about average i guess

Take it from someone who banters with you, she got the sarcasm from somewhere else :wink:

3 Likes

really bad
bit better when ive taken anxiety meds though so maybe i’m a wordsmith deep down

3 Likes

my dad made fun of me for about a month for using the word ‘genre’

11 Likes

:smiley:

1 Like

Good in a professional context. Less good in a personal one.

1 Like

Verbose to a fault but can rein it in.

2 Likes

What’s funny here mateyboy?>!?>!>!>!>!

*watches homemade ‘rob the great orator’ trophy slowly sliding off lop-sided shelf*

12 Likes

That’s bad dad action there m9

1 Like