• 3+ years
  • 1+ years
  • 6+ months
  • 1+ months
  • Couple weeks
  • Couple days
  • Lol

0 voters

I wondered about this. You got a general idea of future figurings out, or prefer to play it relatively chill and roll with the punches etc?

Just going to chill until the world’s on fire basically

so that’s about 3 years

2 Likes

I mean small scale i have to plan childcare and work schedule and all that but generally I like to not plan things. Larger scale stuff I cant plan for, like I’m too poor to ever plan that in x years I’ll try to get a house or something because as it is my outgoing per month are £600 more than my incomings. So I guess I could say I’m planning to be in even more debt in the future than I already am. Woo!

1 Like

Sat down with Ms lastdino in Winter 2019 and tried to sketch out 5 years. Obviously completely out the window but have managed to make some progress at least in Covid times. Will try and do something again soon.

Think life planning is quite a good idea, just the process makes you think a lot about things that are important to you, especially if you have to balance with the considerations of your partner.

2 Likes

ive got gig tickets booked for next year if that counts as planning :woozy_face:

2 Likes

going to mcr next week. got a gig next month which i think might actually go ahead (and fyi, our band now features TWO DiSers)

got some pie in the sky idea about buying a flat next year but then remember i don’t have any money or any work booked beyond december so… lol

1 Like

i’m ‘liking’ this in the same wry tone that you have delivered it. but yeah, i figure vast amounts of people are in the same boat in terms of this :confused:

2 Likes

@hankscorpio what’s yer endgame?

Just renewed our mortgage for the next five years, and I’ve got gig tickets out until next May, although they’re all rescheduled ones.

I don’t think I’ve bought any tickets for post-lockdown things, and I don’t know what I’m doing this weekend properly yet

1 Like

Some things long term (when/if we might be able to retire; whether we want to stay in the UK; what my parents’ plans for long-term care are etc), some things medium term (eg work that needs doing to the house, next up: repointing the brickwork), some things next year (whether we will be able to go on holiday), some things short term (gigs, meeting family and friends), some things very short term (what am I having for lunch?)

2 Likes

and what ARE you having for lunch?

our rent runs out in April, so that’s my horizon

2 Likes

toasted cheese sandwich, seasoned with vegetarian worcester sauce

1 Like

this took me years to overcome. you kind of need to go in with the mindset of ‘none of this will actually happen, it’s just a fantasy exercise’

because weirdly then, when you’re faced with two roads to go down, you can go back to your fantasy plan and go ‘well in theory therefore x is the right option, going by that logic’

3 Likes

i won’t make the ‘can you season things with a sauce’ thread but thank you

Got Primavera tickets so I guess technically 9 months ahead but nowhere near thinking about flights, hotels etc. (and Bright Eyes for September 2022 tbf)

literally no plans otherwise

1 Like

at what point will your brain go ‘right, flights and hotels time’ do you reckon?

April?

planning too far ahead makes me feel unwell

1 Like

you’re makin my eye twitch man. i’ll remind you in feb

1 Like