🎮 How Fun Was It: Castlevania (series)

It also led to one of my favourite recurring Giant Bomb series, so thanks Castlevania for also providing side entertainment!

It’s prob the best but the first will always be my fave

1 Like

The first one was, the 2nd one was fucking awful

1 Like

Ha
Vinnyvania has actually just popped up on Giant Bomb Infinite which I keep on in the background

https://www.giantbomb.com/infinite/

1 Like

Really fucking love that one of the big sword bastard’s called Simon

1 Like

Never finished rondo of blood actually, fuckin nails

Wth is a rondo of blood anyway

1 Like

Belmont clan have almost all got brilliant names

Simon
Christopher
Trevor
Leon
Zoe
Sid
Sybil
Ray
Desmond
Sonia
Dolores

Its like eastenders

4 Likes

Reckon you should add in Castlevania Chronicles and differentiate Dracula X into Rondo of Blood and Vampire’s Kiss.
Tremendous thread though. Ive been replaying all the classics recently.

A miserable little pile of secrets!

1 Like

Thanks col!

1 Like

Really enjoyed Curse of The Moon but apparently Ritual of The Night runs like crap on Switch?

Ah okay. Its getting patched so i’ll wait til its sorted and hopefully on sale :wink:
Is it more Metroidvania than classic Castlevania style then?

1 Like

Got stuck on the last boss, but that game is really fun. Love how it does the SotN thing where it is super goofy - big cat enemies with horns in portals, flying dog heads, shovel knight, ice boots where you slip on the floor.

1 Like

Despite being a big fan of the ol’ Metroidvanias I’ve never actually played a Castlevania. One of my biggest gaming blindspots. I’ve never owned any of the consoles the best games have come out on bar the SNES and for some reason in all my years of game trading I never came across a copy.

I’ll probably give Bloodstained a go when I have some time and money.

• Metroidvania style Castlevanias
  • Castlevania Classic style please

0 voters

Forgot about that one haha. I also love that they have the ridiculous death animations and noises that go on hilariously too long. So glad Iga is back making games.

1 Like

I would very much like Iga to get to make the Castlevania '99 game to tie up the series.

a good classic style castlevania type game is way more engrossing when you get into it

1 Like

the problem with a lot of metroidvanias is you can grind your way out of threat or get abilities that negate whole areas and make backtracking just tedious really. All the secrets and stuff are cool though so it’s a tricky one but on balance I’d usually choose a level based game. Except for Hollow Knight of course

2 Likes

The sprite work and music in Symphony Of The Night are beautiful though

1 Like