šŸŽ® How Fun Was It: PSONE/N64 Era Kart Racers

Suggested Kart Racers have now been added

I mean, itā€™s no ā€˜Trapeze Swingerā€™ but some of those early Iron & Wine demos were really somethingā€¦

All of them pale next to Double Dash (I know itā€™s a later gen but still)

Playing the new CTR and the boosting mechanic in that game really makes the driving so much more engaging, especially in single player, years of Mario Kart I feel like I got conditioned into believing engaging single player Kart games werenā€™t really possible. Turns out they are and that the core gameplay in Mario Kart is a bit crap?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chocobo-Racing-Ps1-Game-Complete-PAL-Nm-Condition/113794665438?hash=item1a7eb0cbde:g:juMAAOSwHKZdD2lk

Man, they really went the extra mile laser etching that fake disc with artwork

2 Likes

this one is cooler

Man that artwork is so much better than the NTSCversion. The PAL one doe HOLY SHIT THATS UGLY

1 Like

As suspectes all the ones i chose to ommit havent been played by any of yer
All with less than 10 votes will be struck from the record

Itā€™s nearly results time guys!!!

Only played Diddy Kong and Mario Kart but Diddy Kong is miles better. The adventure mode is class and once you add in the silver coin challenges and Adventure 2 (where all the courses are backwards) it actually gets quite challenging. The battle modes are much better too. We didnā€™t own that many games for the N64 so rinsed the absolute hell out of it.

such a bad genre

Those results are not going to please the Kart Racer purists.

CTR is the thinking mans kart racer

1 Like