The SIms

0 voters

The Sims 2

0 voters

The Sims 3

0 voters

The Sims 4

0 voters

For the sake of our sanity please consider all expansions as part of their core game if u had them

My mum fucking loved The Sims.

2 Likes

The Sims is a great series when you want to kill time and in the right mood. The ultimate tamgotchi IMHO. They’re all good but really hate how much the 4th relied on DLC to become a great game.
The 2nd probably my fav out of the box but the first was so innovative and mind blowing that the novelty ensured me and my friends would waste many a sleepless nights on it.

never got quite as on board with the sims as with sim city, but my god i was obsessed with sim city. 2000 especially. god i loved it sooooo much.

4 Likes

Sims was just mind-blowing at the time. Feels like one of the most genuinely innovative games of all time.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/5/20683239/the-sims-4-toddlers-taken-away-glitch-bug-stuck presented without comment

1 Like

Never got on with the Sims. You don’t have enough time to do anything so the game turns into a desperate rush to get all your needs satisfied between waking up and work and then between getting home and bedtime and at that point it’s just real life, innit?

4 Likes

Sim City is so fucking good. I loved Cities Skylines but the simplicity and depth of Sim City is pretty hard to beat frankly.

4 Likes

I only ever had Sim City 2000 and never had the patience for it really, reckon I’d enjoy it more now than I did at the time going on my brief efforts on Cities Skylines

we had the Sims too and all I remember about it was that it would overheat my laptop and force it to turn off after a few minutes, and as a result I didn’t play it much. my mum loved it though.

1 Like

Always kind of lost interest with the Sims once I’d burned the house down and gone through different ways of killing the Sims, but it was still a fun game.

Anyone else proper nostalgic for the build mode sunny piano muzak?

3 Likes

Sometimes I go to hang out with my parents just so I can play Sims 3 at their house. I’m obsessed. I can’t ever bring myself to murder my Sims or make them hate each other, I just want them to have the best and least stressful lives :sob:

2 Likes

Also the classic thing when you had a friend round and you’d make people you knew on the Sims and make them sleep with each other in really crappily designed houses and make them angry

7 Likes

Used to love SimCopter. Was like a really blocky predecessor to Grand Theft Auto. Everyone made weird pig noises as well for some reason.

1 Like

I think I’ve had one of the Sim City games and maybe all bar Sims 4 of the Sims games. The Sim City one ended up being one of those mysterious “play once and never open again” experiences. Don’t know why, I just think I didn’t get it enough.

But I have wasted hours and hours and hours on The Sims. I once went to the trouble of building my whole immediate family, which was surprisingly lifelike, with the exception of my brother who I just couldn’t get right. I even made my only ever in-game purchase just to gete my mum’s hair right. Sent my niece to Paris with her mum and grandad. Here they are.

3 Likes

And for the best part of ten years my niece was addicted to playing Sims on my computer when she came over. She started off carpeting the gardens and ended up spending hours and hours in the creator building big-eyed baby girls.

1 Like

Used to like downloading weird custom furniture and characters. At one point I had a flatshare going with Mr T and an alien like some great lost 80s sitcom

2 Likes

i remember reading an article in PC Gamer magazine about 15 years ago about the best selling pc games of all time, and at that point i think The Sims had sold about 700k copies with second place taken by Half Life on maybe 400k

they said that when The Sims came out, they genuinely had debates in the office about wether anyone would buy it, cos why would you want to play a game that just replicates real life?

edit: should point out that they had reviewed it fairly well on release and agreed that it was good, they just didn’t think many people would buy it

3 Likes

You know what doesn’t get enough love? SimTower. Proper little gem of a game that.

2 Likes

Without your hand to prompt them into work, love, creativity or crime, unattended Sims will subsist vaguely on orange juice and cereal, watching the TV and browsing the internet until the bills go unpaid, utilities are shut off one by one, and they mooch around alone and unhappy.

That’s a real-life simulator alright.

4 Likes

Missed loads of these. It seems