🎮 How Fun Was It: Sonic

1. Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (4.5)
  2. Rollercoaster Tycoon (4.2)
  3. Oddworld: Abes Exodus (3.77)
  4. Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (3.07)

Time to discuss everyone’s favorite Blue Roadkill. Sonic The Hedgehog! Only mainline Sonic Games will be listed below and ones I believe a fair number of people would’ve played.

Sonic

0 voters

Sonic 2

0 voters

Sonic 3

0 voters

Sonic & Knuckles

0 voters

Sonic Adventure

0 voters

Sonic Adventure 2

0 voters

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

0 voters

Sonic 4

0 voters

Sonic Generations

0 voters

Sonic Mania

0 voters

are you ok to edit out the youtube video joke there? cheers

6/5

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) is a stone cold 1 btw

When did this series start? RCT 3 deserves better imo

Some of the best game music ever, beautiful graphics too. Gameplay is a bit rubs tho. You are meant to go fast but can’t see what’s coming up next in the level when you’re speeding along. The only way to succeed is to memorise the level layouts.

8 Likes

Sonic advance 2 is a great game

Also the sonic drowning sound is instant anxiety for me. Fucking hell I’m sweating just thinking about it.

8 Likes

Yeah it’s an odd one, I really enjoyed Sonic Mania but part of that is definitely nostalgia. There’s a really cool concept there but the flow is often frustrating when you go through a cool set of loops then immediately crash into an enemy/spikes you wouldn’t know were there. Great great music and aesthetic though

1 Like

Whats the joke? Thats 100% cannon (apart from the very end)

Never knew where ESA got the name from til
now

2 Likes

yeah just not sure it’s really relevant as a “lol wtf” thing, not meaning to make a big deal of it

The end is pretty fucked tbh ducky.

wish I still had all my versions of the music from Sonic 2 I did about 7 years ago, took them off soundcloud when I ran out of space and never had any backups

He’s no Bubsy.

2D platforming hill to die on…

Mario 3 (5) > Mario World (5) > Sonic 3 & Knuckles (4) > Sonic 2 (4) > Mario 1(4) > Sonic 1 (4) > Mario 2 (3)

Fight me.

1 Like

Is there a reason we’re asking how fun they are rather than how good? Are games not good, only fun? :thinking: Hmmm

I swear to God if I have another person coming in here, commenting on the name and telling me to rename this series of topics again I will bop them. BOP THEM HARD!

3 Likes

My God, did they actually release that?? It looks horrendous!