šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ ABBA

Thursday for filth, etc.

3 Likes

I always wish they would groove a bit more like in Lay All Your Love On Me. Most of their songs make me feel like Iā€™m being bludgeoned by pop. Also slightly marred by the feeling that everyone else seems to be enjoying them more than me. Gone for a 2

1 Like

THIS IS ABBA THEO, NOT EVERYTHING IS A JOKE YOU SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE CLOWN!

Absolutely ruined by a shit bunch of lads. Fuck Abba

actually feel like iā€™ve seen too many bbc4 documentaries about them to be able to judge them correctly

1 Like

Iā€™ve a suspicion Iā€™ve never listened to an ABBA album, but Iā€™m not sure how to tell. 4/5

Letā€™s find out. Have you ever listened to an ABBA album?

1 Like

Went the way of the beatles where theyā€™re such a huge thing culturally that they donā€™t even seem like a band anymore.

1 Like

listening to the visitors now. great cover photo tbf

1 Like

Well if I could answer that, Iā€™d know if Iā€™d ever listened to an ABBA album, but how on Earth would I know that?

1 Like

had to watch one at xmas a few years ago, couldnā€™t believe how much i hated it

ABBA are fucking brilliant, a flimsly film built around shit karaoke versions of their songs tho? utterly unforgivably rubbish

The Visitors is the best album and yet somehow it only has one song on Abba GOLD and itā€™s the weakest track on the whole thing?

2 Likes

opening / title track is really good. reminds me of something off ten love songs by susanne sundfor, the way it transitions

2 Likes

Just checked the CDs. No ABBA albums. then went and checked the records. Also no ABBA albums. Thereā€™s a Wet Wet Wet one, not sure which one. Iā€™m not bending down that far.

1. Listen to one to check if youā€™ve heard it before
  2. Congratulations, the answer to your question is now yes.

Not sure I can do that without starting a where to start with ABBA thread, but already feel like thereā€™s enough ABBA chat going on for today.

Full of problems today, arenā€™t you Avery?

I always get distracted if Dancing Queen comes on cause it makes me think of Oliverā€™s Army and Iā€™d rather listen to that than Dancing Queen.

Murielā€™s Wedding did the whole ABBA fandom thing a lot better

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a new tactic for dealing with problems: Create smaller non-related problems and deal with them instead!

1 Like