🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 ABBA

Would never opt in to listening to ABBA but, of all the options from that era to come on at, say, a wedding disco, they would be one of my preferred choices.

Also KMKY Aha!

3/5

1 Like

Rebecca Front is great in this. @Scunner nice little HG crossover too.

4 Likes

One of TV’s great medleys

I went through a period of listening to their albums a LOT, especially ABBA and the song Eagle, because I liked the way it was mixed so it swooped through both ears. But years later, I only remember the hits so it’s gotta be a 3.

ETA: the video for Eagle invented chillwave

1 Like

Mamma Mia 1 + 2 appreciation subthread. Love both unironically.

1 Like

I properly cannot stand Abba

Absolutely toe curling

2 Likes

4/5 then?

Thank fuck for this - I thought I was on my own here.

2 Likes

Think I’d prefer them if they were called BAAB tbh

Probably the best example of bands with upbeat music/sad lyrics.

2 Likes

The scores are meaningless due to loads of weird alt/spam accounts and protest voting.

I think Knowing Me Knowing You has a good chorus but the rest is utterly interminable

This sounds like I’m explaining it to a child, sorry.

Don’t really have time today to be fighty on this one :frowning:

But ABBA are fucking brilliant and I love their music and Gold is the album I’d want on a desert island.

Dancing Queen is a perfect song. Knowing Me, Knowing You is THAT bitch for sad break up feels. Recently I realised how incredible SOS is too.

Brb listening to ABBA

10 Likes

Pervo after this poll closes can you pick 2 ABBA songs for the playlist that aren’t the top 3 voted ones please?

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed that.

I don’t like ABBA but that is probably more down to the exposure than the actual output.

Think that’s what used to put me off too tbf.

I have a rule, Funk-Man which is that if I’ve heard a song 50 times without ever actively having chosen to listen to it, I am likely to hate it. ABBA are the epitome of that rule.

One of them will be SOS.