šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Arctic Monkeys

the singing out of time is intensely annoying

1 Like

Feels like itā€™s out of contempt for the audience. I could be wrong, but for what is blatantly a fan favouriteā€¦

You and Jeanie wearin stetson hats
Trying to gain access to my lily pad

tbh sounds more like something has gone awry with their in ear monitors or the backing track or something. he seems to be pretty consistently out.

weird choice to highlight on youtube lol

3 Likes

Massive on tiktok apparently

Whatā€™s most impressive for the Arctic monkeys is how theyā€™ve managed to avoid the Stereophonics route tbh

2 Likes

I donā€™t get why they would follow that route? they are nothing like them?

1 Like

I can never tell if this is a joke or not :smiley:

Theyā€™ve not gone down the MOR shitcore route

2 Likes

Jewellerā€™s Hands is ace

All their album closers are really good

2 Likes

Find them a weird band, because simultaneously theyā€™ve had a better/more interesting career than a band out of the arse end of the land-fill indie era (even if they were the best of them) had any right to. Iā€™ve pretty much enjoyed every record to an extent. And yet also, that arse end of landfill indie record is still by far the best of the bunch. Funny that really.

You rarely hear young voices singing along like you do at their gigs. Snap Out Of It last night on the BBC being a case in point. Itā€™s nice! Pretty cool move doing the big exclusive comeback interview with The Big Issue too. Itā€™s a funny interview as well.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve worked with The Big Issue for years all the way back to Favourite Worst Nightmare.

1 Like

The guitarā€™s also out of time in that vid so probably a monitor thing.

Just dropped in my inbox quite nice very Richard Hawley

10 Likes

Truly loving it.

Itā€™s certainly no ā€˜Ritz to the Rubbleā€™. They continue to grow and fair play to them.

I reckon we need a new thread. I like the HGATR threads a lot but dont like as much when they become rolling threads for news and stuff.

Practiced what I preached and just went for it

3 Likes

Everyoneā€™s doing it now in a push to hit #1. The super fans will buy every format going in week 1. If youā€™re already spending >Ā£30 on a vinyl copy, an extra fiver or so on a tape (which will be Ltd and have resale value) isnā€™t a massive leap, and will help it soar up the charts.

I like the arrangements but his Vic Reeves pub singer voice on this and the last album really annoys me.

Sadly heā€™s started to use it on the old songs live.