šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Basement Jaxx

Bangers/5

1 Like

I donā€™t like what youā€™re implying here

1 Like

Their songs are catchy but also infinitely annoying. Donā€™t think I would ever actively choose to listen to them but not completely averse if they come on the radio.

3 Likes

Truly wasnā€™t aware they had a discography beyond Whereā€™s Your Head At and Red Alert/5

1 Like

That you still enjoy fun.

Canā€™t name one song by them that isnā€™t skin gratingly annoying

1 Like

Probably the quickest Iā€™ve gone from reading the artist name to sticking them on Spotify. Given them a 4 - havenā€™t properly listened to them in years but itā€™s nearly the weekend and Iā€™m in a good mood and the sun is shining and - well - Bill Withers would approve.

5 Likes

i love dance

5 Likes

Jus 1 kiss is an amazing track. Donā€™t really like any of the other singles and never felt the drive to listen to an album. Might dive into some now though.

2 Likes

Tocaā€™s Miracle came on shuffle last night. Had a big old dance round the kitchen. Was fun

9 Likes
5 Likes

Not sure this is fair.

I think they just felt a bit second string to Chemical Brothers and Propellorheads to me

2 Likes

love to have a shuffle while i cook, body popping to skream and that

I bought the red alert single, for that iā€™ll give em a 2/5

Not at all. I adore the chemical brothers, faithless, underworld, orbital, and a whole host of really mainstream stuff like sash! and haddaway, just find basement jaxx specifically very very annoying

3 Likes

Being assistant to the deputy manager of Sonic is serious business!

1 Like

Abstaining from voting in this one on account of only knowing a handful of singles and not enjoying them enough to explore further.

Arenā€™t they just the poor manā€™s Chemical Brothers?

Is using ā€˜the poor manā€™s xā€™ OK? It feels a bit grubby.

1 Like

we will need this in number form please

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a bunch of folks I think did vocal-led dance really well at this time. Someone like Royksopp, Kosheen, or even the Chems (and I have some big onions thereā€¦) do much more for me musically. The Basement Jaxx choppy production drives me insane - sounds really sterile to my ears. As is usually the case, I get it, but I donā€™t like it.

1 Like

Romeo is in the top 3 songs you can put on at a house party that will set absolutely everyone off. 5 for that alone.

4 Likes