• Cocoon
  • It’s In Our Hands
  • Who Is It
  • Triumph Of A Heart
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

Never got it. Can appreciate it but never really enjoyed it. 3/5

5 Likes

Yeah, exactly the same. I’m sure it’s brilliant if you’re into it but she does absolutely nothing for me. 2/5 I think.

1 Like

Someone I’ve never really investigated, think I’m too intimidated by the back catalogue and the variety of styles and everything. I remember seeing Oh So Quiet on TV as a kid and assuming she was a kind of novelty pop artist and being confused when she also seemed to do these seven minute windswept howling songs as well. Dunno/5

1 Like

The greatest. 5.

4 Likes
  1. Mutes thread.
7 Likes

absolute 5/5

4 Likes

I know a few people who are absolutely obsessed with Bjork. I’ve never got her though and I’m not that keen on her singing style. That being said, I’ve always got a lot of time for proper eccentrics and she’s done some really experimental stuff over the years like the whole VR thing so 3/5?

5/5

One of a small handful of artists who mean something more to me on an emotional level above and beyond the music.

Despite her critical acclaim I think she is really underrated as an artist - as a musician, an actor, a visual artist, an educator, an innovator, a mentor. If she was a man she would absolutely being held up as a ‘genius’.

Vulnicura is an absolute masterpiece and Utopia isn’t far behind - clearly she is making complex music that isn’t going to be for everyone but it really is very special.

11 Likes

Massive talent, but unfortunately ‘stately and windswept’ gets old for me fairly quick and there is a lot of her work that I enjoy less than it deserves… Her beat driven stuff though, I absolutely love.

1 Like

She’s unreal. One of the best ever to do it

3 Likes

Not asking you to include it but Selma’s Songs (music from Dancer in the Dark) is an absolutely brilliant album as well - an incredible modern interpretation and twisting of a Hollywood Musical score.

2 Likes

Before Björk there was nothing

19 Likes

feel like someone has to step up with the hot takes in these threads but i can’t in good conscience do it with bjork. 5/5.

7 Likes

This is the first HGATR where I’d say I was a proper fan of the artist. It’s going to make me sad isn’t it?

1 Like

Oh boy am I going to rinse that back catalogue today. And I get to see Janelle Monae tonight too! What a day.

Easy 5 for Björk

2 Likes

Another vote for feel like I ought to like her more than I do. Still got a great voice and is a really interesting artist with some very good albums, but not sure I care enough to give her more than a 3

2 Likes