đŸŽ” How Good Are They Really đŸŽ” Blur

Excuse me @anon19035908 - your poll doesn’t go to six, please fix.

5 Likes

Their greatest hits cd was the first album I ever bought when I was about 12 or something. Listened to it loads.

Disappointed to find out years later that their albums are pretty crap and full of filler.

I’d give them a 3

Very nearly included a non-single in that poll just for you!

1 Like

Particularly thinking of 13 is it? The one with Tender on and just a bunch of songs that sound like they were just jamming anything and trying to sound like pavement

I like Caramel

2 Likes

Do you mind if I don’t do that?

4 Likes

As in Chappel and Wakes Colne? Didn’t know this

I had the misfortune of seeing Blur’s Nardwuar interview before I knew too many of their tunes and let’s just say I doubt the cheese farmer one is the only tory. It didn’t exactly endear me to hear them out

I did once buy Modern Life is Rubbish after a friend kept yarping on about them and I found it really unenjoyable and it’s no longer in my CD collection or iTunes

Not going to vote based on this largely uninformed critique of Blur but, protect Nardwuar at all costs

Song 2 is a whopper though, it was on the soundtrack to the Fifa World Cup 98 video game if i remember correctly which is a major nostalgia hit

Few decent songs, doubt I’ve ever put Blur on though.

Think I saw them at Leeds fest once and they were ok

2/5

I have to say though, his cheese is absolutely delicious :flushed:

5 Likes

On Graham Coxon’s wikipedia, Noel Gallagher is quoted as saying he is “one of the most talented guitarists of his generation.” 5

Apart from every track by The Dears?

1 Like

Blur are my favourite band. 13 is my favourite full-length album. 5/5

13 Likes

Just for fun:

Graham Coxon’s solo work

0 voters

I Wish is one of my all time favourite tracks from Blur or their off shoots but overall his stuff isn’t really in their league.

2 Likes

Happiness In Magazines and Love Travels At Illegal Speeds are tremendous fun.

7 Likes

Gorillaz will be having their own thread.

1 Like

You’re right, it’s much better :wink:

Imagine both bands reunite and tour next year. Who you seeing?

• Blur
  • Oasis
  • Both
  • Neither

0 voters

I’m a fan of blur and a lot of albarns work out the band. Also love coxon solo stuff. But I’ve never properly loved a blur album, so for that I’ve gone 4.