šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Bright Eyes

Iā€™ve never liked the baseline of 1pt in compiling favourites, donā€™t think of my favourite here as 20 times better than 20th place. 20th place is still high. the 20th place should get a higher score- say 21 points or 11, then 40 or 30 for top place. 1 point is rubbish.

Because Iā€™m a bit of a bastard and enjoy watching everyone argue, I think it would be fun to do a bottom 10 for everyone too.

5 Likes

HGATR: the UK (hovering between 3 and 4)

8 Likes

ā€œour current status is rated as Joni Mitchell. However, we need to stay vigilant or we could see a return to Wu-Tang Clan alert levelsā€

5 Likes

Maybe we should have a special How Fucked Are We Really, and finally knock Arethra Franklin off her perch

1 Like

That post reminded me of Jordoā€™s in the Talking Heads thread, a post that nearly broke me with laughter.

8 Likes

Agreed and it was a very funny comment.

I think the way forward for HGATR might be to draw seasons to a close soon and go again. Letā€™s see if Aretha can defend that title.

Always wondered about the ā€œfuzzy logicā€ line in that. Did he borrow it from the Super Furries? I know Gruff toured with him and they became friends during the 00ā€™s. Iā€™d like to think so.

2 Likes

I hope thatā€™s true

1 Like

Heā€™s a fan so it probably is

2 Likes

Very cool

Nice pic of them onstage together here, Iā€™m sure I read something about Gruff working with Mogis in the past so perhaps thatā€™s how they became aware of each other

https://www.instagram.com/p/OVhd0QnWeK/

Fucking missed this. Gotta say that was well timed, funkman.

Bright Eyes are better than Beyonce, Bob Marley and The Ramones is it :rofl:

Yes

7 Likes

Iā€™m Wide Awake, Itā€™s Morning is a very good album indeed Iā€™ll admit

And itā€™s only their 4th best

6 Likes

Donā€™t know enough about them to vote but Have to turn 6music off when they play the new single. Canā€™t stand his voice.

Also the poll closed last week :wink:

2 Likes

Hahah. I really should pay more attention to detail.

1 Like

I mean letā€™s not get silly