🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Britney Spears

Toxic is great.
I find the sheer work ethic of some U.S. artists like Spears both incredibly impressive and shocking at the same time.

the good stuff’s really good. lots of rubs too. I chose gimme more but changed to piece of me.

I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s shameless!
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! This just in
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. she’s too big now she’s too thin
(You want a piece of me)

6 Likes

Am definitely a fan, but don’t think I can go higher than a 4.

Have decided that if I ever propose to the TV I will do it playing Everytime on the piano ala James Franco in Spring Breakers. Will change the lyrics to not be about a breakup tho

1 Like

I like Toxic a lot. Aside ftom that nothing else I’ve heard was really for me.

In fact looking at that list of singles I can only recall 3 of them meaning Britney has a very skewed level of awareness for me vs actual music by her I’ve heard.

1 Like

When I saw her at Wembley Arena in September 2000, they played Planet Telex over the PA before she came on and that made me happy, then Britney came on and she was really, really good.

4 Likes

My top 5 Britneys

1. Toxic
  2. I’m a Slave 4 U (the production makes me wanna lick everything)
  3. Stronger
  4. Womanizer
  5. Crazy
1 Like

Do you have a royal
living in your Britney

I take personal offence at The Strokes being at the bottom of the list.

4 Likes

remember when it seemed like Britney might marry Prince William

kylie turned down toxic, the berk

4 Likes

Some of the singles are decent. Think she gets a bit of a rough treatment by the press. Not a massive fan but a solid 3.

there’s a bit in I’m a Slave 4 U that I’m addicted to, don’t even know what instrument it is or how to describe it but i want to cover myself in it

1 Like
  1. Oops!..
  2. Toxic
  3. Stronger
  4. Baby one more time
  5. I’m a slave…

It’s a 4 from me. Some of the most perfect pop songs ever created but not someone who ever made great albums.

That initial run of singles is astonishing and holds up really well for me, then the transformation into Toxic is magic.

2 Likes

Oh my, just remembered Slave 4 You too - absolute tune

I love Britney, I think she’s fabulous, she revitalised the pop scene in the late 90s, she was a vital of part of lil Rarity’s childhood and she’s a great pop artist.

But she’s just a great pop artist. She never quite made it to the next level in the same way that RiRi or Xtina did. It’s a 4/5 from me but I really hope she does well.

2 Likes

She always comes across so well <3

3 Likes

A third of her singles are amazing. Most of the rest are middling. Her albums are unanimously terrible.

A solid two from me.

• britney
  • xtina

0 voters

1. Toxic
  2. Oops I Did It Again
  3. (You Drive Me) Crazy
  4. Baby One More Time
  5. Everytime