🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Bruce Springsteen

that “ring on it” song supports the patriarchy

the ghost of tom joad promotes drug use among the clergy

and Born In The USA isn’t remotely vague

1 Like

No actually but then @xylo will probably grump at me but I’ve never taken any interest in Elvis.

We had Shakin’ Stevens when I was a kid so who needed Elvis ; )

2 Likes

Fairly unlikely that they’d use any music by POC though innit!

1 Like

tell me more

21 Likes

this is fair

I think society in the past has placed to much emphasis on the song writer/artist, back in ye olde times music was communal, no one owned the songs, they were standards, passed down through the generations. Then capitalism comes along with its emphasis on the individual and unquenchable thirst for novelty, and it becomes all about exceptional individuals above the masses, or something

5 Likes

probably true but these threads are about praising the individual. I’ve made it very clear I don’t believe in genius and nobody should be a fan of anything

1 Like

Deftones doing Please Please Please, let me get what i want?

1 Like

This playlist is shaping up nicely

1 Like

The version by dunno from the end of this is england

2 Likes

can you please point out all the talk of problematic class tourism in the beyonce thread sorry?

:smiley:

@Scunner POTW please.

1 Like

This thread moved quick!

Easiest 5 for me probably, remember him as a kid as my dad played him a lot - just thought it was fun rock music then went back when i was older and went deeper into the lyrics and whatnot and fell totally in love. Can see why people find him over earnest and cheesy but i just didn’t fall on that side on the fence.

Just incredible.

1 Like

I’m not getting involved in this again, but this point is untrue. They’re about giving your opinion on an artist whether that’s good or bad.

1 Like

yeah sure, I phrased that badly, they’re about talking about the individual/band in question

1 Like

I’d say they are more about discussing the body of work released under the name of an act

1 Like

And dishing out 1/5’s with wild abandon

11 Likes