🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Bruce Springsteen

You’re not the boss of me now!
You’re not the boss of me now!
You’re not the boss of me now not boss/bruce springsteen!

5/5

3 Likes

Depends how you interpret them

it’s the boomers’ fault

1 Like

Bamnan’s posting

8 Likes

Boring and shit. Always assume people are joking when they’re properly into Springsteen.

However, he isn’t as abhorrent to me as some so I’ve gone for a 2 (two)

4 Likes

how else could you?

Feel like there’s a strong contingent of lurkers on here who sign up to vote for Manic Street Preachers albums at the end of the year and then stay around to ruin my day.

2 Likes

I’ve never really thought that he meant ‘little girl’ to be, like, underage. Just my take

23 or something ridiculous when he wrote this

7 Likes

My fav bruce song as well.

2 Likes
3 Likes

His voice is so hilarious to me “I’m a rock man” is what his voice says “I rock because I am a rock man”

Fucking state of it

1 Like

Brilliant albums, brilliant live shows. And he and the rest of the E Street Band seem like a great bunch as well.

https://twitter.com/durhamminers/status/911550278297669632?lang=en

16 Likes

Thunder Road is maybe my favourite ever song. That piano introduction is played like it means something, the lyrics are fantastic, the vocal delivery kills me, even the harmonica and saxophone are great in that song! I’ve said this before but he taught me that you could be positive and passionate in music without it seeming cheesy.

If I catch Thunder Road, Born To Run, Something in the Night, or Darkness on The Edge of Town at the right time it lights a spark in me that nothing else does.

I love him.

33 Likes

Yeah I never did either, it’s in keeping with his lyrics generally to use 50s terminology and old rock n roll tropes. I always saw it that way.

1 Like

If you’re criticising Springsteen for I’m on Fire, what do you make of ABBA’s Does Your Mother Know That You’re Out?

dunno, why phrase it that way?

I’m filing it alongside Run For Your Life, Does Your Mother Know et al

This, but it’s me hitting the 5 button in the OP poll.

4 Likes

That coda man. Incredible.

1 Like

haha, timing!

3 Likes