🎡 How Good Are They Really 🎡 Bryan Adams

The scarf I’m currently wearing. It’s also the only scarf I own.

7 Likes

I put him in the same catagory as Bon Jovi - loads of big tunes that are fun to sing along too when drunk but really not for me

Ah I’m the opposite, always surprised how many fans there are. Probably an age thing tbh but have definitely noted it as a thing. Big crossover with Bon Jovi fans I’d say.

I’m sure at some point he bought a house in London and then bought the pub next door just so he could shut it down

So a bit of a knob

Love love love the Mel C song though

Yep, my elder cousin (early 50s) is a big fan. Alongside Bon Jovi, Inxs and AC/DC. Radio rock super fan.

1 Like

Always think of Alan Partridge singing β€œ18 'til I die! I’m gonna be 18, 'til I die!” whenever I see a mention of Bryan Adams.

1 Like
2 Likes

Excellent behaviour I say

I think it was a popbitch story - I also think pissing through the letterbox was involved

Ive heard it too on the Ricky Gervais XFM show so think it is true

Possibly the worst combination of words ever.

1 Like

6yo me was obsessed with Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and was obsessed with that song. Had the cassette single, played it to death and made my parents put the radio on at the weekend so I could listen to see if it was still number 1 in the charts.

Apparently one weekend we’d driven home from somewhere and as we got home the chart show was still counting down so I sat in the car in the driveway while my folks went inside. Apparently they could hear 6 year me belting it out, completely out of tune, from inside the house.

Anyway, thanks for your time. I’ve put 2 for the nostalgia. He is a dickhead though.

4 Likes

The double denim rules exist to protect us all

1 Like

Hmm, he has a new album out next week. Coincidence or is Funky in the pocket of Big Adams?

Very similar feelings to Bon Jovi, in that it is all bland boring enormorock, but with one or two bangers scattered throughout the catalogue. Bangers aren’t as big as the Jovi’s though, so he can score one less than whatever I gave them.

1 Like

Got a soft spot for the 18 Til I Die album due to the 'rents always playing it in the car on long car journeys, but lets face it, it’s still a 1. That Robin Hood song is up there with I Will Always Love You, I Would Do Anything For Love and Love Is All Around as the worst songs of the 90’s.

1 Like

It’s the funniest thing ever made

1 Like

The ultimate 1. Saw him headline Party in the Park 2002 at Hyde Park (I went to see Michelle Branch, 5/5 agreed).

That rule being - if it feels good, do it :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Evil Bryan Adams
2/5 because Summer of 69 β€œslaps”

Bry, A sad man