šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Built To Spill

For whatever reason they never fully clicked for me, had so much stuff going on that I should love but I always just quite enjoyed instead. Dunno why but I couldnā€™t stop comparing them to Modest Mouse who I preferred a hundred times over, so that never helped their cause (though I think a lot of critics did this too with BTS often coming out ahead, which clearly just pissed off the fanboy in me)

However, like @McGarnagle said, this is actually just a perfect, sublime track. Sometimes I feel I never need to listen to anything else by them as this just does everything

3 Likes

Bit of a strange one for me. Was very much into TNWWL & PFNO at the time of release but at some point just kind of lost interest in their sound. I think I got hold of Ultimate Alternative Wavers and then Keep It Like A Secret, they didnā€™t quite connect and then the albums all sort of started to blur into one.
I did go back to them maybe 3 years ago and they didnā€™t do anything for me but I should give them another listen before voting or may end up abstaining, which is strange as I really was a big fan for a while.

One of the easiest 5/5s

3 Likes

A solid 4 all day

1 Like

i know nothing of this band. will have a wee listen

Only heard you in reverse but I remember really liking that so they can get a 4.

Goin Against Your Mind was the first track I heard and itā€™s a barnstormer. Havenā€™t heard anything as good since, but they arenā€™t necessarily a bad band

3/5 exc postage

Never heard of em

5/5

not really

Never heard of them :man_shrugging:t2:

If I had a friend called Clive Iā€™d tell them that BTS arent for me. Clive

I think Strange is a great song but really donā€™t like anything else by them. I saw them live and they were really boring. A 1 feels harsh but we have the facts and weā€™re voting no.

Good song

2 Likes

5 for me, I love keep it like a secret and Perfect from now on, both 10/10 albums for me.

As mentioned above, they are unfortunately a bit dull live now though

The Iggy and the Stooges set is on YouTube. The start is a shot of the crowd waiting with Conventional Wisdom playing over the PA

1 Like

Aye, itā€™s a 5 folks.

1 Like

Read this with the style of the ā€œwhen I was a kidā€¦ā€ bit of the song in my mind and its totally works
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Iā€™ll have to check that out, I definitley saw Iggy, Iā€™ll see if I can spot myself!

Very much me too. Thereā€™s a youthful joy to Thereā€™s Nothjnf Wrong ā€¦ that got lost one later albums (erm, I guess as they
got older ā€¦). And Perfect has some great proggy-ness to it . I guess my relationship with them ended with an astoundingly dull live set at Glastonbury in the late ā€˜90ā€™s. Occasionally go back to Nothing and really enjoy it, later stuff occasionally pops up on an iPod shuffle and find it a bit boring.

Keep it like a Secret is a 10

2 Likes

One of those bands that Iā€™m convinced only exist on DiS. Never heard a note. 1/5.