šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Carly Rae Jepsen

Tbh sheā€™s one thatā€™s completely passed me by except Call Me Maybe which Iā€™ve always loved. Gonna irk the HGATR purists and vote 5 based on those 2 songs.

2 Likes

If you like those 2 then emotion will be such a fun album for you. Pure seratonin pop maximalism

1 Like

Will give it a go on my way home later.

It really does feel like eating a massive bowl of Angel Delight in one go and I mean that in a very positive way.

6 Likes

Still canā€™t get behind this statement while Irreplaceable exists though.

Call Me Maybe is one of those rare totally ubiquitous mega hits that familiarity hasnā€™t ruined, still sounds 100% banger at all times.

13 Likes

10 Likes

Have only heard call me maybe, which is shit, so :man_shrugging:t2:.

Probably so give a one to balance out all the 5ā€™s. Thatā€™s how this works now isnā€™t it?

1 Like

You could listen to some really good pop music if you want

1 Like

Can someone make an intro playlist?

Iā€™d just stick on emotion tbh.

Thereā€™s an CRJ Essentials playlist on Apple Music if thatā€™s any use to you. I gave it a go when everybody on here was getting excited about the tour.

Hereā€™s a playlist of emotion, dedicated, both side Bs and cut to the feeling. So the essentials

3 Likes

I rate her. loads of tightly written joyous love songs
saw her live with ma0sm last year and she was wearing this cowprint number

8 Likes

Strong 3. A few bops per album. Loses half a point for having so many fans who have ā€œliking Carly Rae Jepsenā€ as an identity.

Iā€™d have to say, The Best Of Carly Rae Jepsen.

7 Likes

No idea to be honest. Nothing iā€™ve heard is that exciting, and generally put off when a pop stars name gets dropped everywhere ā€˜alternativeā€™. Dude with tattoos pop.

1 Like

Yeah, agree with the ā€œstrong 3ā€ take on CRJ. Iā€™m still too much of a sad indie kid to fully buy into the the whole pop revival thing, but she has done enough stuff that genuinely bangs and is a lot of fun. Every now and again, Iā€™ll have a bit of a pop afternoon and she generally leads the way.

Voted for Dedicated as my fave album, because I came to her a bit later than everyone else, and that is the one I have gone back to the most due to it dropping when I was more receptive to the pop.

her best album is Kiss

:heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

5/5 Sheā€™s excellent, Cut To The Feeling is incredible, feel good joy and I love Emotion (got it on now).

2 Likes