šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Charli XCX

Pretty much this word for word for me.

Aww this is a tough one.
Iā€™ve tried really, really hard to love her stuff multiple times but itā€™s just never done it for me consistently. Feels like simplistic reasoning but i just always expect more from the choruses. So many times iā€™m loving the verses and thenā€¦oh, thatā€™s it.
Love her, her aesthetic and collabarative approach and have nothing but admiration for the way she goes about her career butā€¦3/5 for me. Think the idea of Charli is outperforming the actual reality for me :worried:

4 Likes

Massively overrated imo. 2/5.

1 Like

Underrated at 5/5

5 Likes

Oh I thought weā€™d done her already!

Choli Xbox is the fucking GOAT. Itā€™s not a question, itā€™s not a competition, thatā€™s just facts. Not on the singles poll but Vroom Vroom is clearly the best song ever

4 Likes

Youā€™ve brilliantly articulated some of my thoughts here

1 Like

5/5 all day long, an actual genius.

4 Likes

A few good tracks, especially her early stuff with Gold Panda. But hearing her everywhere on that Iggy Azaelia tracks really put me off her for a good while. Revisited some of her stuff around the first lockdown, but canā€™t remember what I thought. Maybe I need to give her another listen.

A tentative 2, could be a 3.

1 Like

what does XCX mean? Iā€™m worried it could be some kinda meme online thing

Truly running the full gamut of opinions here today lads

2 Likes

Except me, I have no real opinion on the artist in question and would like to stay neutral

2 Likes

Got into her only recently, after SOPHIE. Donā€™t know what I was doing before.

Pop2 was a revelation, fucking unreal

5 Likes

There hasnā€™t been a better record than Pop2 in the past decade.

3 Likes

fun song imo

3 Likes

There hasnā€™t been a better record than Pop 2 literally ever

2 Likes

How Iā€™m Feeling Now is really great especially seeing as she knocked it up in just a couple of weeks, same was true for Pop 2 as well I think which is obvs also very good. The Charli album was a bit weaker and the early stuff doesnā€™t really do it for me but sheā€™s been a really great discovery over lockdown etc. Claws is an extremely sexy song :relieved: 4 I reckon, lookin forward to seeing her live.

She seems great as a person, I have a friends who are really into her and thereā€™s songs of hers I like a lot. Thereā€™s just a whole lot that doesnā€™t connect with me at all and starts to cross over into actively irritating me, unfortunately.

Remember the early lyrics for Basketball Shoes by BC,NR were about going out with Charli xcx, that was mad

also good. get her on more hooks imo, she could be the new nate dogg

5 Likes

i love Pop 2 but i find it very hard to shake the idea that sheā€™s only as good as her collaborators