šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Cher

Shoop Shoop is great.

The vocoder bit followed by the descending three note riff in believe is my least favourite moment in all music.

Other than thatā€¦ donā€™t know/havenā€™t heard. Might avail myself of the best of and find out

1 Like

Assume this is a Slayer reference :smiley:

But AFAIK Cher has very good politics.

1 Like

2/5 mostly not my thing but I enjoy her power ballads and this.

6 Likes

Did you know that Cherā€™s Armenian?

1 Like

Love the Bee Gees, hate Cher. Anastacia for people who go ā€œoooh, Iā€™m so kitschā€

1 Like

Shite.

1/10.

1 Like

Absolutely no idea. Abstain/5

Sometimes I really hate people on here.

Of course sheā€™s a 5 - itā€™s Cher. Sheā€™s amazing.

Her greatest hits are :muscle:

5 Likes

I gave her a 4 but I do love Cher. Her version of Walking in Memphis is my all-time karaoke choice

my mumā€™s a bit of a fan so Iā€™ll chuck in a 4 for her. Cheers mum!

I remember Believe topping the charts for what felt like months and even at 12 or 13 I detested that song and all it stood for. Something primal inside me was awakened by it. My ATD at the time loved it and played it constantly and I think it was maybe the turning point in our eventual growing apart.

Now looking back at the pervasiveness of autotune vocals in pop that song has very dirty hands.

For the crimes above I give her 1.

1 Like

5/5

6 Likes

Canā€™t believe thereā€™s already joyless husks itt hating Believe, the banger to end all bangers

6 Likes

Meh. Canā€™t really summon up an opinion tbh.

Hate Shoop Shoop, hate Believe, hate Turn Back Time. Hate them all so much that even the ok-ness of Gypsies canā€™t elevate her score any higher. Sorry Cher, you may be a lovely person, but your musicā€™s shite.

3 Likes

Good job Iā€™m currently on holiday so I cant spend all day getting angry at this thread. Its fucking Cher.

6/5

5 Likes

Autotune is good actually. Sometimes I get the feeling that people here still think theyā€™re above pop

1 Like

Drinking cans in the shower listening to Believe on loop

6 Likes

What a fucking vibe. Maybe throw one Hung Up by Madonna in the middle

3 Likes

I canā€™t believe people are going to bat for Cher. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like