3 Likes

Itā€™s B-Real mate

1 Like

PEEP US AT THE GRAMMYS
WEā€™D LIKE TO THANK G-CHAT
WEā€™D LIKE TO THANK WEED RAP
THE BEST RAPPER IS B-REAL
JOKES, ITā€™S US, Cā€™MONā€¦ BE REAL

Someone I went to school with was adamant he got into them through Tony Hawkā€™s soundtrack, which they werenā€™t on. He was convinced it was them and eventually invited me to his house to prove it. Turns out it was them but was a completely different, much worse skateboarding game that I canā€™t remember the name of. Only other thing I remember about it was that Street Carp by Deftones was also on the soundtrack and my mate was convinced that Street Carp was the name of the band and Deftones the name of the song.

Anyway, 4 for Cypress Hill.

6 Likes

That first album is so good.

1 Like

And heā€™s still doing his thing today!

3 Likes

FFS

1 Like

Love Black Sunday. Great album. I was with them up till Skull & Bones, which put me right off. Iā€™d largely ignored them until enough people said I should listen to Elephants on Acid, and I definitely agree that is a markedly better album than anything theyā€™ve done since their 90s heyday.

It would be a solid 4 if it were just the first three albums, but the large amount of dross since drops them down to a 3 for me.

Hey, itā€™s one of my suggestions!

Not feeling great at the moment and have a lot of shit going on, but itā€™s an obvious 5. Three 5/5 albums and two 4/5 albums means that that theyā€™d have to have some of the worst albums ever made to be below a 5 overall. And whilst their run from 2000 to 2010 wasnā€™t great, those albums did not damage their reputation one bit.

Lowrider off Stoned Raiders is one of the few highlights from the 00s.

1 Like

was a pretty big fan in the 90s. insane in the brain one of the first rap songs i remember loving and the video was on mtv alllll the time. havent really sat down and listened to them in probably over a decade. i was thinking 4 but just popped in the debut and jumped around the 2nd and 3rd albums and i gotta go 5. b reals voices gets a little bit annoying after a while i think. but still way too many classics to deny.

2 Likes

Only just learned today that Insane in the Brain is a Chubb Rock diss track. Must have listened to that song about 1000 times and never realised.

1 Like

did not know!

still a great song imo

1 Like

Stoned Raiders was an album I absolutely loved as a 15 year old and that was a very formative time for my hip hop journey. Think Red, Meth and B was a real fave.

Havenā€™t listened to them for like 20 years or so but Iā€™ll go for a three

1 Like

When I was a youngster, I had friend who insisted that the lyrics to Insane in the Brain included the phrase ā€œinsane as a melon-brainā€

I miss read that as Cherub rock and was ā€œShitā€™s about to kick off!ā€

Iā€™ll :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light: myself on the way out.

5 Likes

Itā€™s not my favourite song on Siamese dream, but didnā€™t realise it annoyed cypress hill so much!

2 Likes

Score!!!

if it isnā€™t 4.20 something has gone wrong in the universe

13 Likes

Cypress Hill score 3.46

2 Likes