🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 De La Soul

there’s a few records i don’t know that well but what i do know is excellent. 4

4.10 Not bad, that.

18 Likes

Well deserved :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I’ve didn’t know that Buhloone Mindstate Sessions was a thing, so I’m pretty excited about that. Will be listening shortly!

1 Like

Between Wu Tang and Public Enemy, happy with that!

Thanks, man. Which bit were you sighing at exactly?

Trying to think which hip hop acts we haven’t done yet who would potentially go higher than Beastie Boys.

1 Like

ATCQ and The Roots might be the last ones that can really bother the upper reaches of the charts here. Particularly if Biggie is worth a 3.37 :man_shrugging:t2: :rofl:

1 Like

ATCQ. Eric B and Rakim maybe.

1 Like

Limp BIzkit

2 Likes

Gang Starr?

1 Like

Would they get the votes though? Nas maybe?

ATCQ definitely would. EB&R probs not.

2 Likes

Nas has released far too much crap. Throw in some unsavoury allegations and he’s a 3.5 waiting to happen.

1 Like

Nas only made one album sadly, so probably not worth doing.

Agreed. And I don’t think even those guys would be able to topple the Beastie Boys.

1 Like

If you wanted to do individual members of Wu Tang then maybe GZA or Ghostface?

Otherwise someone like Missy Elliott or Lauren Hill (that one isn’t strictly hip hop I’m aware)

1 Like

On the list, can never decide if she’ll get the votes in.

1 Like

Oh or we let the white dudes do battle and give EL-P’s solo and production work get a go?

(5 btw)

2 Likes

I think she’d do well but maybe not 4.36 well. Sometimes having less votes works in your benefit though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Aesop Rock and El-P (maybe somewhere down the line since we just did RTJ) would both do well. Death Grips should at least be an entertaining thread. Think Danny Brown could just about carry one and get a good score. NWA/Dr. Dre? Gang Starr? Madlib might carry one after his latest album comes out?

1 Like