🎡 How Good Are They Really 🎡 De La Soul

Aesop Rock and El-P (maybe somewhere down the line since we just did RTJ) would both do well. Death Grips should at least be an entertaining thread. Think Danny Brown could just about carry one and get a good score. NWA/Dr. Dre? Gang Starr? Madlib might carry one after his latest album comes out?

1 Like

Oh man Death Grips would be a riot :rofl:

Also +1 for Danny Brown, think he’s established enough to get an entry now and his last album was fantastic

Oh, again not strictly hip hop, but Why? (And associated acts like cLOUDDEAD etc) could be interesting

3 Likes

HGATR: the neptunes + associated acts megathread

5 Likes

None would go higher than Beasties but NWA, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Dr Dre and Eminem would be all interesting.

1 Like

Eminem has been done, he didn’t do so well

3 Likes

Have been thinking about doing a NERD/Neptunes thread tbf.

2 Likes

Both on the list as separate entities.

2 Likes

The N.W.A. thread will just be me yelling about Eazy-E for the whole thing.

3 Likes

Sounds good might do it tomorrow now.

is cube on the list separately too or would he be included in the nwa thread

pretty damn good to be relevant more than 20 years

Included with NWA I reckon.

1 Like

Would you include Dr Dre in the NWA one too? Oh - sorry separate. Just saw.

1 Like

Think Dre is mainstream enough for his own thread as opposed to the others who might struggle to get to 50 votes.

Husker Du

1 Like

those icons of hip hop

6 Likes

Bless you.

3 Likes

You like what you like, of course. But It bums me out that people abandoned a genre that has more to offer than one branch of its tree. Street rap isn’t for everyone but there’s so many other avenues you could go down. And the term mumble rap should be banned from the internet :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

Do do do-do do-doo

1 Like