šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Dead Kennedys

Not even my faves necessarily but it is still a massive 5

3 Likes

Biggest 5 ever.
Best punk band ever.
Best lyricist of all time.
East Bay Ray playing the 12 string electric bazouki you say? no problem.

Moon over Marin is their best song

3 Likes

Im gonna grab mine today.
Less than 50 tickets left as of Monday apparently.

1 Like

The best

3 Likes

ā€œItā€™s a holiday in Erinsboro
Have a drink in the Watering Hole
A holiday in Erinsboro
Dr Karl loves rock n rooooooollllllll
TOAD
FISHā€

3 Likes

Thps1 was also my introduction haha

The American Wasteland soundtrack is great cos of it mostly being classic punk covers. Got such a soft spot for that Alkaline Trio track on there.

Sorry off topic

3 Likes

Absolutely love them. Probably the first punk band I really went for and they were a massive influence on me as a young teenager. Holiday In Cambodia must be in with a shout as the greatest punk single of all time and all of their LPs are top notch.

Jello also did some amazing stuff in the early 90s (Lard and his album with NoMeansNo) that I was also huge into at the time. Heā€™s an absolute one off and itā€™s a real shame there arenā€™t more like him in the music industry. Huge 5. Hope they do really well

8 Likes

All the covers are pretty good tbf. The Thrice mash up of Minor Threat, Taking Back Sundayā€™s Descendents mash up and MCR doing Astro Zombies are up there

1 Like

Really love this one and the way the music follows the shape of the riot, from the initial sparks to the raging adrenaline high through to the energy being spent and the cops shutting it down.

1 Like

First three albums, and In God We Trust, are just excellent. Really tough to choose a favourite. Iā€™m leaning towards Frankenchrist as the lyrics, particularly on the first half of the album, are just devastatingly good. This Could Be Anywhere is probably the highlight but these two give it a run for its money:

1 Like

5, if that wasnā€™t clear!

1 Like

& @TKC Agree so much with both of you. Also really enjoy Fall Out Boys cover of Start Today on there, my introduction to Gorilla Biscuits. and i have a soft spot for FOB.

2 Likes

Forgot bout the From Autumn To Ashes version of Letā€™s Have A War, thatā€™s a good one too.

also forgot Emanuel as a band in general

2 Likes

another band to file under bands i have heard a good few tracks by that i really fucking like but for one reason or another havenā€™t done a deep dive. shall remedy this in light of this thread.

5 for me.

One of those bands I donā€™t feel worthy of listening to. Just too good. The fusion of surf guitars with Jelloā€™s warbling punkness is such a good vibe and the lyrics are a cut above.

I saw them without Jello play at a punk festival in Brixham, Devon. That was pretty wild. Parkinsons were also on the bill.

3 Likes

good band, donā€™t listen to loads of them for some reason

East Bay Ray is a great guitarist and is what sets them apart from other punk bands. Why donā€™t all punk bands have non stop delay soaked riffs?

4 Likes

Always enjoyed them when Iā€™ve listened to them. But that isnā€™t that often and need to be in the mood to listen to them.

A 3 for now. If Iā€™m in the mood to listen to them later, it may go up to a 4.

Well they donā€™t have Jello soā€¦

Donā€™t think itā€™s really fair to hold this against them in the context of the band as a whole tbh

Used to great effect in Green Room :smiley:

Also, reposting from the old US election threadā€¦

8 Likes

Best best of/comp of all time i reckon. Near perfect. Plus it has pull my strings on it.

Oh yeah - easy 5. California uber alles, pull my strings, holiday in cambodia, police truck, moon over marinā€¦ all right up there as some of my favourite songs of all time.

3 Likes