• Breakfast In Bed
  • Just One Smile
  • The Windmills of Your Mind
  • In the Land of Make Believe
  • No Easy Way Down
  • I Can’t Make It Alone

0 voters

6/5

That fucking voice. Those fucking songs. That fucking ennui. That fucking ache in her.

A fucking god.

9 Likes

Went with a 4. At her best she is truly amazing, but there’s a lot of fillers too tbh.

Some favourites: Little By Little, Take Another Little Piece, In The Middle of Nowhere, and OBVIOUSLY Son Of A Preacherman. Pure class.

2 Likes

Only really know the big tunes (all amazing tbf), where’s best for a complete novice? A greatest hits jobby?

Actually that poll is pretty definitive I’ll just do that

1 Like

Just makes me think of Smack The Pony now.

Just pointing out she has a lot of great songs not listed here! Trying to give her credit, not you a disservice. Oops!

1 Like

Got a couple Dusty CDs myself. Must get round to cleaning them.

2/5.

3 Likes

I wasn’t being entirely serious. Or at all.

1 Like

I think I got that, but I didn’t for a second want to come across like I was disrespecting your good work!

1 Like

Her version of Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow in French is exquisite.

3 Likes

Would be a 5/5 even if the only thing she’d ever done was You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me. Best singer there’s ever been.

2 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

If Dusty doesn’t make it to 50 votes then this entire website needs burning to the ground.

2 Likes

throws an uneducated vote in

1 Like

5, absolute bangers and seemed a proper legend.

3 Likes

Would have voted for this if it had been in the poll…

2 Likes

Should be a fan - her voice is undeniable and I love that era and style of pop especially when she is doing more of an English equivalent to yeye, although the Bacharach style easy listening suits her perfectly too. But for some reason just don’t connect with it.

1 Like

Think she suffered a lot from a misogynistic image of being ‘difficult’ etc at the time but actually was pretty sound.

1 Like

That’s probably true, I just remember being impressed whenever I saw her introducing other acts on her show she always says something quite genuine and thoughtful.

1 Like

Yeah, this is my view too. Always like a bit of blue eyed soul and Son of a Preacher man is a very good song. But overall, she doesn’t really do much for me.

Plus that era of pop music is not for me.

1 Like