šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Elbow

His Twitter account is full of the stuff, heā€™s truly vile.

Still think Cast of Thousands is great, Ribcage is still my favourite. Remember this soundtracking my playthrough of Wind Waker on the Gamecubeā€¦good times!!

3 Likes

I will have to take your word as a google search is not leading me anywhere and im not joining twitter to scroll his page

https://twitter.com/CraigLPotter/status/1310736457544478727?s=20

Ahhh there we goā€¦ he is now on the twat list.

Asleep in the back is magical.

Great memories.

Can take or leave the rest.

I knew one of them was awful but, I couldnā€™t remember what awfulness it was. Turns out it was worse than I thought.

find stuff like this really weird when other band members just allow it go on unchecked, itā€™s like yr man from Teenage Fanclub too

I just couldnā€™t in good conscience keep playing in a band with someone like this

2 Likes

seldom seen kid came out at the right time for me to get really into it. not listened to them that much otherwise, asleep in the backā€™s alright i think. can see why people love them, boring warm hug of a band

Is he?!

Love GLTM. One of their best. Very annoying that itā€™s not even on Spotify.

1 Like

aye thereā€™s some great b-sides from that era that arenā€™t on Spotify, they really fucked the song selection for that b-sides compilation considering what they left off it

1 Like

Ah just seen the tweet.

1 Like

Totally subjective 5 from me; I met my wife on a dating website where she used an Elbow lyric as her profile name, and their gigs have been our most enjoyed shared gigs since.

Critically speaking I love the first two albums, somehow havenā€™t heard the third, quite like the 4th then all the ones after kind of merge into one really, pleasant but uninteresting.

Seem like good lads. The Guy Harvey radio 6 show isnā€™t one Iā€™d seek out but donā€™t turn it off if I tune in and find that itā€™s on.

3 Likes

hasnā€™t read the thread.

4 Likes

The blandest band on this list so far. Inoffensive. 2/5

1 Like

2 because theyā€™re no absolute shit but they are absolutely lacking in anything resembling ā€œinterestingā€. So painfully, painfully dull.

Totally fine, got no beef.

Just really dull, canā€™t imagine anyone being excited by them. Background music. Musical equivalent of porridge.

2 Likes

Newborn is stunning and ā€œIā€™ll be the corpse in your bathtubā€ is the greatest opening line to a song

Never explored the albums in full but would listen to their 10 best songs happily at any time

3/5

8 Likes

4/5

They have a bad rep on here and theyā€™ll get a kicking for being boring or inoffensive or dull or whatever. And thatā€™s fine obvs. Everything up to TSSK is great, then they chased the money trying to follow up One Day Like This. But the last 2 albums have been really good.

7 Likes