šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Fucked Up

Got their EP somewhereā€¦

1 Like

Feel like Nirvana can count as punk too on this basis - ethically at least Kurt certainly seems to fulfil all the requirements.

2 Likes

I absolutely consider Nirvana a punk band, yes.

4 Likes

punk as fuck on any basis! (Well, they should have not sold out of courseā€¦ :wink: )

Punk is 100% a feeling and an ethic, donā€™t matter what they sound like

1 Like

Punk rock should mean freedom, liking and excepting anything that you like. Playing whatever you want. As sloppy as you want. As long as itā€™s good and it has passion.

2 Likes

fuck i love that song

1 Like

ftfy

1 Like

I miss when they had breakdowns that sounded like someone throwing a synth down a staircase

1 Like

Youā€™re right, it is that much better after listening to the entire album. Thanks for your post (and to @Kallgeese, @TKC and others whoā€™ve posted lovely things in this thread), this has been my favourite HGATR to read for quite some time.

Gave them a 5, obviously.

5 Likes

I love this band and give them a 5.

Oddly enough, their two ā€œbigā€ albums (ā€œChemistryā€, ā€œDavid Comes To Lifeā€) are weak to me. I am such a huge fan of their early singles (collected on ā€œEpics In Minutesā€), ā€œHidden Worldā€, their Zodiac records, and the latest album. I am frustrated that this band seems to be best-known for their weakest workā€¦ I really like this band best when theyā€™re exploding with energy.

Looks like US only at the minute

4 Likes

UK to be announced soon according to Twitter

6 Likes

YESSSSS YESSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSS

2 Likes

Didnā€™t notice Year of The Horse was on Spotify, before, and in mega broken down track format.

Did you also go on to see if Davidā€™s Town was on there?

No, which is what I was looking for. Sure it will be soon.

Oh, is it this Various Artists release:

5 Likes

Yeah because they made up a load fake bands for it but itā€™s actually all them

Soulwax did this for their Belgica soundtrack too. Itā€™s a very fun idea, imo.

1 Like

This is the best one

3 Likes