🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Girls Aloud

Chemistry, Tangled up & Out of control are all pop classics

TBF the incident has been brought up a bit in this thread so hopefully it’s not been completely forgotten.

Pretty sure George Harrison was only 26 when the Beatles split up. Recall reading that aged about 30 and wondering if I should just kill myself already due to lack of achievement!

@moderators I am being personally attacked!!!11111
; )

2 Likes

Girls Aloud, then. Not as good as The Strokes.

1 Like

Up until about 80 votes they were higher than Kanye. Can you imagine.

1 Like

how come 60s and 70s pop/r&b keeps scoring way higher than more modern pop? reckon there’s a shy boomer vote at play. we’ll have to do these threads again in 50 years to test that theory

3 Likes

agreed, the production on Sound OTU is horrendous.

Fair

Nostalgia for our innocent childhoods innit

1 Like

THIS IS A TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE

We havent done Justice yet :sweat_smile:

The first HGATR contenders I have met! They were all very nice, although Cheryl was very quick to nab the dog off me when the cameras started popping. You can (just about) see the back of my head in this picture. Had to deal with Blue the same afternoon. They were dicks.

4 Likes

Tbf im surprised at their overall score. I imagine low to mid 3s

Re-assessing my stance, just listening to a compilation now, some of their tunes have aged really well. Covers are still awful though and frankly i think all of you should be docking them one point for that.

What is it about 2000s production that is deemed bad? Or is it specifically GA?

Or do people mean dated? I mean 2010 stuff is going to sound very dated given the dominance of particular sounds in pop music.

Ah fuck this is awful

oh fuck, poor Sarah. Fuck

5 Likes

:frowning:

2 Likes

Awful, awful news. I hadn’t seen her previous post so didn’t realise the outlook had gotten so grim.

So fucking sad.

5 Likes

That’s such a shame