šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Green Day

I had a really badly screen printed Nimrod hoodie from Plymouth indoor market. Wore it all the fucking time.

2 Likes

Ooft! maybe we shouldnā€™t wake up Billie Joe at the end of the month

2 Likes

I like Holiday, just not as much as those four. Plus the bridge where he does voices is a little stressful, I hate it when bands do that.

You mean the ā€˜representative from California has the floorā€™ bit? I like it, probably because the next bit that starts "zeig heil to the president gasbagā€™ is probably my favourite bit of any of their tracks.

Yeah, though it never dawned on me that thatā€™s what he was saying, so now I like it more.

1 Like

Insomniac might be the most consistent album written by anyone.

Shoulda upgraded my 4 to a 5 earlier.

Favourite band for a good few years and seeing them at Wembley in 2002 was my first ever gig. Nimrod is criminally underrated as far as stadium selling bands go, close call between that and dookie for me.

1 Like

definitely

absolutely not

I canā€™t think of any other album where each song is pretty much exactly as good as every other one. Iā€™d probably come up with a completely different ranking each time.

Exact same score as Metallica. You guys are ragging pretty hard on 15-year-old meā€™s awesome minidisc playlists here.

1 Like

Noooooo - I missed this poll :frowning:

Itā€™s Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer - show some respect Pervy :wink:

2 Likes

I wouldā€™ve voted 5/5 of course, a very important band to me and I still get excited when they announce new material/tours etc.

Dookie didnā€™t leave my walkman throughout the summer of '95 and, simply because of that, and having absolutely no inclination whatsoever before hearing that album, I begun learning the drums because of Mr Wright III (and subsequently I formed bands, played gigs, recorded music etc).

Kerplunk, Dookie, Warning is my top 3 in terms of albums.

Iā€™m not naive enough to think the output post-American Idiot hasnā€™t been patchy, but Uno is a solid rock album, Tre has some good tunes and Dos was the experimental one that missed the mark somewhat. Revolution Radio was a return to form, in terms of the band just making straight-up rock n roll, but this new single is gonna take a bit of getting used to methinks (hopefully the whole album wonā€™t have such altered vocals).

Seen them at every London gig bar one since the turn of the century, (including a small one at Kings College circa Warning which was awesome), plenty of times at Reading, once at the Roskilde Festival and Iā€™ve only ever left early once and that was to rush over to The Garage where Foxboro Hottubs played a 1am show :green_heart:

3 Likes

jesus christ

I like this new Hives song.

1 Like

Bold move, getting a new vocalist 30 years into your career. :wink:

Decided to listen to that, the new Blink-182 EP and the new Puddle of Mudd single yesterday out of curiosity. Iā€™m 34 now and twice as unsure as I would have been at 17 if all of them were a 0 or 10/10. The PoM single was a bit like this:

Got tickets for the London Stadium show and will definitely be proposing a DIS Pop Punk Nostalgia Meat nearer the time.

2 Likes

Is this a parody? I instantly assumed so but the internet suggests theyā€™re actually serious??

Q. Why are these threads not in the music forum?

And when are we going to do some good bands again?

1 Like