šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Guns N' Roses

Have done it now. Donā€™t like having them on there at all but Iā€™m a fair and reasonable man.

1 Like

sof the best songs on the playlist youā€™ve got there now

how did it take me this long to remember that there a Snuff offshoot band called Guns ā€˜nā€™ Wankers?

3 Likes

some of The Wildhearts too isnā€™t it?

1 Like

think some of Wat Tyler were involved and all

I voted 3 for the Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 albums because theyā€™re completely bananas I canā€™t resist such nonsense.

ā€œWhatā€™s so civil about war anywayā€ and from the same song "weā€™re
The ā€˜phone callā€™ during their cover of Knockin on Heavenā€™s Door
Whichever track has Axl quoting Vanishing Point a full six years before Primal Scream discovered it
Get in the Ring (all of it)

I mean, itā€™s all rubbish, but entertainingly so.

I never really liked Appetite, but am aware of itā€™s classic status, although like many classic albums Iā€™ve heard it all so many times that when someone puts it on a party, I just go ā€œoh for fuckā€™s sakeā€ *

*I donā€™t got to a lot of parties, but the odds that Sweet Child 'O mine gets played at one is very high.

1 Like

Finally? Are you saying RHCP had some redeeming features?

1 Like

Have some good memories associated with them but mainly because mates of mine are huge fans. I enjoy a few singles like Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child Oā€™ Mine and the T2 one but theyā€™re not exactly my sort of band.

The documentary where Axl or Slash explained the whole weird reason they stopped working together around someoneā€™s soul leaving their body or whatever was an interesting watch but the entire 80s pre-megafame bit sounded like a horror show of #metoo shit, relayed by guys who didnā€™t even seem to realise how terrible it sounded.

Played with them before lol

1 Like

Yes, Californiacation is a good album.

thatā€™s literally it though

1 Like

Didnā€™t know that they released a new single a couple of weeks ago.
Slash and Duff on it.

Doesnt sound like them and sounds a bit dated but I dont actually mind it

1 Like

Didnā€™t really enjoy it that much (this is from someone who enjoyed some buts of Chinese Democracy!)

I know he canā€™t sing anymore but the vocal effects are too much. Glad Slash and DUff are on it but itā€™s a leftiover from Chinese Democracy i think. Be good if they wrote something together.

Needs to be a 10 plus minute stadium epic none of this nonsense

I like the guitar riff on it, but, as you say, the vocal effects are over the top.

1 Like

Iā€™d have assumed its cause Axlā€™s voice is weaning but didnā€™t he get proper rave reviews when he did AC/DC shows recently?

judge for yourself

1 Like

I dont want to listen to AC/DC Iā€™m afraid

4 Likes

Proper ā€˜drunk uncle at karaokeā€™ vibes from this.

cocaine should come with a warning label

the other thing that I got from this was that I had a look on wikipedia and Angus Young is only 7 years older than Axl

in my head theyā€™re about 20 years apart!

1 Like