šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Guns N' Roses

Hahaha, that crossbody!

1 Like

bloated pish 1

appetite is great, donā€™t care about the rest

2 Likes

this is just wrong isnt it. you can call them most things but talentless :thinking:

5 Likes

Loads of massive tunes. Still a 1/5.

1 Like

Difficult one to rank.

Musically Appetite is a perfect debut but then awful people, loads of bloated dross and bothered the tabloids for decades.

3 for appetite?

2 Likes

Tempted to give them a 5 on the basis of ā€œgimme some reggae!ā€ alone.

8 Likes

Remember when Slash was on SMTV and they asked him about his pet snake and he said ā€œthe little fucker bit me.ā€ Classic.

3 Likes

On November 24, 2006 at Clevelandā€™s Quicken Loans Arena, Axl Rose called the Eagles of Death Metal (one of Guns Nā€™ Rosesā€™ opening acts) the ā€œPigeons of Shit Metal.ā€ Jesse Hughes, the Eagles of Death Metalā€™s lead singer, told NME that Stinson took his bass off and threw it on the floor saying ā€œFuck you, thatā€™s itā€ and threatened to leave the band

Pigeons of Shit Metal has done me a bit

4 Likes

Appetite is an an amazing pop-metal album. UYI I & II are bloated and there are two decent single albums in there. Lost interest when Izzy left. I moved on.

Their best song is the 2nd half of Rocket Queen. The only Gā€™nā€™R I listen to these days.

3 Likes

I canā€™t describe the effect Appetite had on 13 yr me. I was listening to the radio as was the style at the time and I honestly thought that Bon Jovi and Def Leppard rocked. Poor little me.
And then I heard Welcome to the Jungle and it blew my mind because Appetite is honestly one of the best debut albums. Just the stench of sleaze of it is amazing, itā€™s probably the last great sex, drug and rock nā€™ roll album that was made. Itā€™s odd that it killed Glam Metal as itā€™s the pinnacle of that horror of a genre.
Thereā€™s a lot of shite talked about Nirvana bringing punk or heavy music to America but this is the band that did all of that.

Itā€™s a pity Axl is such a bellend.

Have to agree with @TKC
ā€˜You think youā€™re so coolā€¦why donā€™t you justā€¦FUCK OFFā€™ is one of the most amazing lines ever penned.

Even at 14 I could tell the lyrics on One in a Million are dodgy as fuck but I remember them being called on it at the time as well. Still bullshit mind you.
Patients is brilliant and still brilliant to sing when very drunk.

And then everything they did after was total shit.

Apart from this.

So in short, 5 because you lot are a bunch of indie bedwetters. Safety wink.

Oh and hereā€™s Mogwaiā€™s cover of Donā€™t Cry which is something that makes me love the 'Gwai a bit more.

17 Likes

Jesse Hughes is a massive tit, so fair play to Axl here.

Also worth noting that Axl is a GBOL these days.

5 Likes

You Could Be Mine was on the Terminator 2 soundtrack - absolute banger that.

8 Likes

Itā€™s also a regular singing the kids to sleep song

1 Like

Shite/10

The artwork in the sleeve of appetite is awful in its implication

It was Iron Maiden for me. But Iā€™ll always have a soft spot for them as a gateway band.

Great band with loads of bangers. Only ever come on when drunk but hold a special place for sure in my early ā€˜getting into rock musicā€™ years. A lad who moved in round the corner had a t-shirt and i was sold immediately. Based on one t-shirt they seemed like the coolest band ever and listening to Appetite didnā€™t disappoint. Easily one of the best debuts ever even if that is the Mojo opinion. Rocket Queen is just one example of how fucking great that album is.

Canā€™t imagine a band like them existing now, let alone me liking them but here we are. Iā€™m sure this thread will cover how awful they are so i wonā€™t bother, but most accusations will be hard to defend.

Use Your Illusion II is the best one though. Bloated stadium rock done to perfection. What an openerā€¦

Let down slightly by My World at the end but still, the drugs were flowing soā€¦

The excitement of You could be mine being in T2 should not be understated also.

There was that paris show from '92 (i think) which they broadcast on C4. I remember wearing the tape out of that. Had never been to a gig at that stage and it just seemed like the best thing ever.

Favourite member has to be Duff also. Seems generally to be a total dude.

1 Like

Just for you :kissing_heart:

Do I think a band with no redeeming features whatsoever have talent? Impossible to say, really!

1 Like

This is a proper great cover version

9 Likes