🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Iron Maiden

Where do you actually buy this?

Looks like you’re not alone… and also that there’s another one on the way.

Screenshot 1

4 Likes

Iron Maiden can’t be stopped!

4 Likes

Piece of mind has grown massively on me but does peter out after still life.

Powerslave never quite clicked- in the second tier of maiden albums for me. Rotam just a bit boring. ditto somewhere in time.

Ssoas their best by a mile (but it was the first one i heard and one of the first metal albums i heard, so i would say that)

1 Like

Appears to be from here I think? - Iron Maiden Merchandise, Vinyl Records, Figures & Collectibles - Zavvi UK

Could it be time for you to give Seventh Son a go? It steps away a bit from the rawer stuff you seem to prefer, but does also look like it captures a lot of people’s imaginations and is, as Ella described, consistently brilliant. Never sure how these albums would sound if I came to them new now but worth a listen I reckon.

4 Likes

Another great thing about SSOASS is that it keeps the synthy musical direction of Somewhere in Time but improves on that sound immensely. It sounds so much better and more integrated with the music this time round.

2 Likes

can’t actually seem to buy Virus from A****n or iTunes, so resorting to a shady blogspost link. Hopefully my computer will survive the ordeal :rofl:

I know that I didn’t like Can I Play With Madness when it came out, nothing to do with Iron Maiden, just I was listening to different types of stuff then.

Looking back I think a lot to do with my placing of their albums and age. As an 11 year old I could not believe how directly that albums artwork (Killers) connected. Then the street urchin look of Iron Maiden (I saw this album after Killers although it precedes it). Then for Number of the Beast to wrack everything up a bar and start blowing peoples minds… then Piece of Mind and a 13 year old boys imagination, just perfect really.

2 Likes

I saw it on Zavvi? Or should I say it popped up on Instagram or FB so i investigated. Not really sure what Zavvi is?!

1 Like

Comfortably the worst song on the album IMO

1 Like

You will definitely get a… Virus!
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Zavvi is the company that bought Virgin (Records) retail.

1 Like

Diddle-dum.

Don’t eat too much jelly.

1 Like

Totally made up after an exhausting night shift to hear myself get a shout out on the latest episode (it’s right at the end). Made me beam walking back from work just now. Great show.

3 Likes

At my request he’s put Beyond the Stattonsphere on the Ko-Fi page. Available to download for as little as free (I paid £1:00). It’s less than a minute but great all the same.

1 Like

Good work @midnightpunk! I’ve just added another £1 for it, so between us he should have just enough for a Fray Bentos pie.

I also downloaded Flight of Rudolph - ‘His eyes, are ablaze, see the mince pies in his gaze’ :grinning:

1 Like

“It’s time to go, beyond the Stattonsphere”…

Love Trevors backing vocals.

1 Like