šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ J Dilla

Doubt there were any 1s tbh, itā€™s not really music you can hate.

Totally misread your post, thought you put there would be some 1 and 2s

1 Like

People on here really fucking love Mogwai for some reason.

2 Likes

Well I canā€™t be held responsible for that now can I.

4.23 with 90 votes would suggest there were probably no 1s at all, tbh.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Cos they donā€™t like his music?

I wouldnā€™t overthink it, 4.23 is an amazing score and thereā€™s no one that is to everyoneā€™s tastes.

Iā€™m actually pleasantly surprised heā€™s done as well. I know some people irl who like some instrumental hip hop (special herbs is my mateā€™s go to marking music) but think Donuts is a bit too scattershot and all over the place. Different strokes and all that.

2 Likes

Iā€™d guess not many mid range votes here. Of 90 voters, if 50 went 5, 30 went 4 and 10 went 1 weā€™d end up at 4.2. Reckon that is quite a probable spread for Dilla - I think thereā€™s always likely to be a few people just hitting 1 if itā€™s a genre they donā€™t like.

1 Like

Ah damn I completely missed this one! I wouldā€™ve given him a 5 obviously.

Iā€™m ok with 4.23. Should obviously be higher, but still a fairly decent score. Didnā€™t think heā€™d crack the top 10.

REOPEN THE POLL :grin:

6 Likes

Not really got much to add. Good thread, good score, great artist and a sad loss at such an age. Didnā€™t know it back then but he was behind some of my earliest hip hop loves.

I basically donā€™t pay attention to the scores unless they have a chance to dethrone our queen or sink lower than our special ginger. seems like anything above a 4 is really good tho

1 Like

Yeah no beef with this one. Great score and a fun discussion for an artist I wasnā€™t sure would get a thread at all

1 Like

Maybe because theyā€™re really good

3 Likes

*were :wink:

when I vote low I mostly keep quiet about it. Donā€™t like to be the one pissing on everyoneā€™s chips when theyā€™re all having a lovely time discussing some records I donā€™t like.

6 Likes

What? As the Love Continues is still great. Maybe not as good as Come On Die Young, but still far from shabby.

hey @paulo iā€™m lovong ruff draft, havenā€™t had anything else on for the last coupla days. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s probably my second favourite Dilla release after Donuts. Gave it a spin the other day and it holds up really well.

1 Like